Part - 5

Naira came to lawn around 6:00 am.
She saw Kartik waiting for her eagerly.

"Am I late?" Naira asked.

"No I'm early. Shall we?" Kartik smiled.

He was on cloud nine having a walk with Naira.

They started walking on the road. Naira was looking straight while Kartik was stealing glances at her.

"I must say you are a good guy." Naira praised him.

"How you know?" Kartik asked.

"If you were like those then your eyes would be having lust for me. You aren't bad which I thought." Naira looked at him.

"So finally I got a clean chit from you." Kartik laughed.

"Yes." Naira agreed.

"So friends?" Kartik extended his hand.

"I think we already are." Naira shook hand with him.

That touch sent shivers to both of them.

"Kartik my hand." Naira spoke.

Kartik was just lost in her.

"Kartik my hand." Naira shook Kartik.

"Haan Haan it's your hand only. I'm not taking it away. God gave me two hands." Kartik tried to be funny.

"You are always like this or trying to be like this in front of me." Naira asked.

"I'm always like this. I love to make people laugh." Kartik praised himself.

"I must say you are self obsessed." Naira looked at him.

"No I'm not." Kartik defended.

"Ya that's why you praised yourself. Let people praise you. Praising your own self means you want to show to people not tell them." Naira made him realise the reality.

Reality in actual struck Kartik.

"I'm a stupid." Kartik agreed.

"No you aren't. It's just that you are immature. You don't know what to do and what to say. You seemed confused always." Naira smiled.

They were on the bridge now.

"At least now tell me abt your family. Now toh we are friends." Kartik looked at her.

"My father was a monster." Naira started.

"He assaulted my mother mentally,physically,emotionally and sexually. My mother would have killed herself but someone saved her. That person saved her from my father. He and my mother's best friend got them divorced. After divorce my mother came to know she was pregnant with me. I was a monster's seed." Naira was breaking down.

Kartik was in tears hearing Naira's past.

"Nahi Naira you are the purest soul. Don't ever call yourself that monster's child. You are the strongest girl in this world." Kartik wiped her tears.

"I don't know why I shared it with you. But I didn't feel it wrong. I hope you will not tell anyone this." Naira asked for promise.

"I promise I'll never reveal this to anyone." Kartik held her hands.

"So you don't know where your mother is?" Kartik asked.

"I know where she is. I know who she is. Let it be a mystery." Naira smiled.