Part - 26

Naira was watching the movie. Kartik was holding her hand and their fingers intertwined.

Naira totally forgot that she was angry on Kartik. They watched the whole movie like this.

The lights turned on. Naira looked at Kartik and suddenly reality struck her. She immediately got up and left the theatre.

Naira was walking on the road. She heard sacred hymns. She moved ahead and saw a mosque.

Naira knew she will get peace and answers of her questions here only. Naira covered her head and went inside the mosque.

"Di kahan chali gyi?" Naksh stopped his car.

They looked for Naira.

"Woh rahi Bhua." Shiv saw Naira going inside the mosque.

Naira went inside and sat on the floor. She closed her eyes and raised up her hands in air.

"Almighty I want my answers. Why I'm not able to forgive Kartik? Why I'm not able to get over my past? Why?" Naira asked.

Her and Kartik's moments came in front her. Kartik making her smile and laugh. Kartik's non stop talks. Kartik uniting her with her mother. Kartik accusing her.

Naira opened her eyes. She didn't knew what was the signal in that. She completed her prayers and turned. She saw Kartik sitting beside her.

Naira got up and took the sacred thread from the priest.

Naira was tieing the thread. Kartik too came there.

"I promise I'll never hurt Naira." He tied the thread once.

"I promise I'll always love Naira." He tied it once again.

"I promise I'll always protect Naira and stand by her whenever she needs me." Kartik tied the thread one last time.

"I'm sorry na SHERNI." Kartik held his ears.

Naira tied her thread and was abt to leave when Kartik held her hand.

"Behave yourself Kartik. It's a sacred place." Naira took her hand back.

"I'm sorry." Kartik was on verge on crying.

"Can you wait for me for 10 years?" Naira asked.

"I can wait for you for my whole life." Kartik looked at her.

A smile crept on Naira's face hearing this. She got her answers.

"If you did that again I'll beat you so badly that Badi Maa will refuse to recognise you." Naira warned.

"Promise I'll not." Kartik smiled.

Kartik was abt to hug Naira.

"Kartik...." Naira signalled him to look around.

"Oh sorry. But at least say you love me." Kartik made a cute face.

"I love you MENDEK." Naira pulled his nose.

"Owwwww! SHERNI." Kartik rubbed his nose.