Chapter 1

I knew that it was wrong to follow my brother to the barricade. I just knew. Now, I was lying on the ground. I had two bullets in me and I was close to dying. I just felt it.
What happened? I was naïve and wanted to show my brother that a girl could fight. Let me tell you my story:

I was born in 1810. It was the 7th June, a very warm summer day. My brother had been playing outside. He was just 3 years old. My brother always was a very popular boy. He had many other friends and they always played outside, or at least, whenever they could. They turned out to be our best friends. Till now.

My father grabbed the little boy and carried him inside to meet me. "Combeferre, meet your little sister, Aurore.", my mother said. My father let Combeferre down. Combeferre walked over to me and it was the first time I've ever smiled. I remember all those things, because Combeferre had always been telling me the story of how he met me.

Soon after I was born my father had passed away. It happened two months after I was born. He was a worker in a factory after he had fought in the French Revolution. Our father was a honorable man and an amazing father. My mother didn't take the news of the death well. Our mother got depressed and decided to only wear black. I never really got to know my father but from the short time he was there, he was the most loving person anyone could ever imagine.

On my first birthday, I got something from my father. Combeferre claimed, that it was something that he wanted to give to me after I was born. But he had forgotten about it. The present was a little box with a golden lettering on it. Inside was a beautiful, golden necklace that had my name engraved on it. Every year on my fathers birthday, we had gone to his grave and laid down flowers. Combeferre was always by my side and never left.

My big brother was amazing and he never kept any secrets. I looked up to him. We grew up to be independent people.

(A/N: since "the city called saint michel" ended I wanted to write another fanfic (it's not like I would have like 8 others that would need an update 😂, jk they do) leave your thoughts on this chapter below )