Chapter 15

I ran to Eponine. My dear friend, who had been bleeding horribly. "Ponine.", I cried. "Aurore, leave as long as you can.", she said weakly. "I won't. Please don't leave me.", I said. Then she took her last breath and her soul was with the angels. I tried to shake her awake, but no success. The boys tried to drag me away from her corpse.

Courfeyrac managed to pull me away. My cap hat fallen off in the process. "Aurore, what are you doing here? I thought I told you to stay at home.", Combeferre yelled, "what have you done to your hair?" He was shocked. His eyes fell on my short hair. Suddenly Anger took over me. I stood up from the ground and marched over to Enjolras.

He just looked at me. "YOU ARE GOING TO KILL ALL OF US.", I yelled, punching chest. "YOUR REVOLUTION WILL KILL US." Combeferre pulled me away. I tried fighting against him but I knew that it useless. "Aurore, stop this. He can shoot you if he wanted." "Doesn't matter anyways. We will all die one way or another.", I said.

Combeferre just looked at me and then he walked away from me. Then I could feel someone grab my shoulder. "Aurore, I am sorry for what happened to Eponine, I really am. You shouldn't be here in the first place. This wouldn't have happened if you would've listened to your brother in the first place.", he said.

"Don't you dare blaming me for her death.", I hissed. "I'm not. I just said—." "I know what you said." "You should go inside the Café to calm down.", was all he said. Then Courfeyrac lead me into the Café. "Was I overreacting?" "No.", he said, "I just didn't know that you could throw a tantrum." With a glance of me, he moved back. "I'm sorry you had to witness that. I just was so overwhelmed with all of this.", I said.

"I understand. I must be honest with you, I didn't think that it would be like this either.", he confessed, "don't worry." He smiled at me and walked away. Now I was alone with my thoughts again. Tears were spilling out of my eyes again, at the thought of Eponines horrible death. I cried harder with the thought of my brother, who could suffer the same fate.

I couldn't hear Jehan and Gavroche come in but I knew they were here when they hugged me. "Everything's alright.", Jehan whispered. Gavroche played with my short hair. "By the way, did someone tell you already that short hair suits you very well?", Jehan said and I had to chuckle. "Please leave this barricade." "I can't. Those are my friends out there." "My brother is out there.", I said, "if you die, who do I have left?"

"Who said I was going to die?", Jehan asked, laughing. I didn't feel like laughing. He stopped laughing too. "Look, nothing is happening now." "But what if something happens tomorrow?", I asked. He was silent. He didn't know what to say. In that Moment, Combeferre came in. He looked sad and disappointed. But more sad. I got up for my seat.

He hugged my tightly. "I love you little sister. Because I can't force you to go home and stay there, you will stay in the Café and hide.", he said. "You know very well that I can't do that. I will fight. Just like you." With that being said, he nodded.

(A/N: alright, this was the beginning of the Revolution. Next chapter will be very sad, so get ready with tissues. Any predictions on what will happen next chapter??)