Chapter 4

We sat down at the table. It was silent until the young man, whose name I didn't know, cleared his voice. "Why did you faint?", he asked, staring at me. "I cut myself while preparing dinner.", I said coldly.

"Why?", he asked. I was slowly losing my temper. "Because I was cutting something.", I said, still coldly. I hope he wouldn't bother me any more. "What did you cut?" That was it. He crossed the line. I put down my fork, got up from my seat and walked out of the kitchen. I ran up to my room, where I knew that he wouldn't find me.

I could only hear Combeferre talk. "Why did you do this Grantaire? This must be embarrassing enough for her.", he hissed. "I was just asking.", he defended himself. "How much did you drink during the meeting?", he asked. "Nothing. Enjolras wasn't there.", Grantaire admitted.

I could hear everything. There was a meeting and a person named Enjolras was sick. Enjolras. I knew that name. It was one of Combeferres childhood-friends. I could hear footsteps approaching and I immediately opened up a book, not caring that it was upside down. Combeferre opened the door and took the book out of my hands. Then he gave it back to me, this time the right way around.

"Maybe next time you want to read the book the right way around.", he said laughing. But I didn't. He sat down next to me. "I have to apologize. Grantaire, he's- he's, Well he's Grantaire.", he tried to explain, "I am sorry for how he bothered you." "I was ready to stab him with my fork.", I admitted under my breath.

Combeferre laughed again. "Under the influence of alcohol, he's a better company." "So he didn't drink, I take it?", I asked. "No, he didn't drink. Now, would you please come back downstairs and eat with us?", Combeferre asked. I rolled my eyes on how easy it was for my brother to get me to do something. I nodded and followed him downstairs.

Grantaire and Gavroche were still sitting there. Gavroche was scolding Grantaire. He saw me coming back and immediately stood up from his seat. "Mademoiselle, I didn't intent to make you feel uncomfortable. I am sorry. Very sorry for my behavior.", Grantaire said as posh as he could. I laughed. "It's fine. Sit down and eat." Gavroche had a big smile plastered on his face.

Soon the dinner had ended and there was plenty of food left. I walked out of the kitchen and got a scarf. "Where are you going?", Combeferre asked. "I am going outside, handing out food to the poor.", I said. "I am coming with you.", Grantaire said immediately. "That's not necessarily but thank you for the offer.", I said. "No, I'd prefer if he went with you. Then I know that you will come home safely.", Combeferre said.

I sighed. "Okay, then get your jacket, I'm going." Grantaire grabbed is jacket and walked out of the door. "So you are his mistress?", Grantaire asked. "No, I believe my brother has told that I am his younger sister.", I said. "How old are you?", he asked. "I am 15.", I said.

Soon the food was given to the people and we headed back home. Gavroche was asleep on the couch and Combeferre cleaned the plates from dinner. "Ah thank god, you're back. I thought Grantaire had stolen you from me.", Combeferre said laughing. "I would always come back to you, my dear brother.", I said.

"I know that. But you should go to bed now. We have a long day before us." I nodded before leaving the kitchen and walking up to my stairs. I got ready for bed and took out a good book. A book that belonged to Combeferre. I fell asleep in my armchair that was on the other side of my bed. I could only feel when Combeferre lifted me in my bed and put the blanket over me.

(A/N: I love where this is going.....leave your thoughts on this chapter below )