Meeting You

This could get complicated, "Well, as you know, I'm Tyler's best friend. We have been friends for as long as I can remember, literally." I chuckled.

"What do you mean?" She tilted her head at me.

"I was in an accident awhile back, I don't remember anything that happened before it."

"I'm so sorry."

"It's okay. It gets stressful sometimes, not really knowing what I use to be like, I feel like it effects who I am supposed to be now. Does that even make sense?"

"Yeah, Yeah it does. Well what do you enjoy now?"

Do I lie or tell her the truth? Do I tell her I write books or I like to drum? Do I tell her that I like pop music or alternative rock? "I enjoy a lot of things. I write books and own a coffee shop, as you already know. I also like drumming though, and drawing, just being creative in general." How about both?

"Oh that's really neat."

"You really think so?"

"Yeah." She smiled.

"What about you? What do you do?"

"I'm an accountant. It's really not that interesting." She looked away from me.

"I think it is." I assured her.

"Not really. There are plenty of other things I'd rather do than sit in an office all day."

"Like what?"

"Okay, don't laugh." She smiled.

"I would never." I smiled back.

"I want to be an actress."

"For real?"

"Yeah. I think it'd be a lot of fun. When I was a little girl I always told my mom I would be an actress one day."

"That's really cute. I think you should do it."

"Really?"

"Absolutely. If it's what you want to do, chase it."

"I don't know I think I might be a little too old now."

"Debby, you are like what? Maybe twenty four? You are not too old."

"I guess not."

"I'll help you do it."

"What?"

"I'll help you become an actress. I will rehearse your lines with you. Help you find auditions. Anything I can do to help."

"Wow Josh, that means a lot."

"If you really want to do this, we are doing it."

"Yeah, for sure." Debby clapped. "You know, I was supposed to be on a date with Tyler, and he's sweet and everything, but I think you might be more my type."

"You think so?" I smirked.

"Oh yeah. For sure."

"I can talk to him about it if you want me to."

"I don't know. Do you think he'll be upset?"

"Think who will be upset?" Tyler walked into the room.

"Oh no one." Debby waved it off. "I should go." She looked at her watch. "Maybe I'll see you both later. Thank you Tyler, I had a great time." She left the room and went out the front door.

"So, what did you guys talk about while I was gone."

"Just life. Things we enjoyed."

"Cool, cool. What do you think of her?"