Hanging Out

With Jenna watching, we finished making our meal then sat at the table while it cooked. When the timer went off I got up to grab the two pizzas from the oven. "These look great." I sat them side by side on the stovetop. "If you grab plates I'll cut them up."

"Sounds good." Tyler turned and grabbed two plates from the cabinet. "What do you want to drink?"

"Water will be fine." I started cutting up the second pizza. "Ow." I pulled back my finger.

"What's wrong?"

"I burnt my finger on the pan." I laughed.

"Are you okay?" He let out a slight chuckle.

"Yeah, yeah, I'll be fine." I looked closely at my finger Jenna had also gotten up and was looking at it.

"It'll be fine. Run it under cold water for awhile, it'll blister a little, probably scar, and hurt like heck for awhile, but it'll be okay." She smiled at me. I did what she said and ran it under some cold water then gently patted it dry.
~
"Ow." Tyler laughed and cringed at the same time.

"Sorry." Jenna smiled as she held a cold rag on his burnt arm.

"Only you could burn your arm while cooking pancakes." Debby laughed.

"That take some serious skill." I added.

"Well I obviously have that skill."

"Is the cold helping any?" Jenna asked.

"You know, I can't really tell." Tyler laughed. "Maybe? It hurts for it to be on there but it also feels like it's helping." Jenna pulled the rag back.

"Oh that's going to leave a mark." I cringed when I saw the long strip of red skin that had already started forming blisters.

"Yeah, a rather large one too." Debby added.

"It'll be fine. I'll probably have to explain it a million times to the clique and interviewers though."
~
"Okay. Let's eat." We each carried a plate to the table. I hadn't even noticed that once again, Jenna had disappeared. "What are your plans for the weekend?" Tyler took another bite of his pizza.

"Not sure yet. Might go shopping and hangout with Debby for awhile. Why?"

"I was wondering if you just wanted to hangout Friday night or something. We could make dinner and watch a movie or something. I just feel like we haven't had a good hangout session in awhile."

"Yeah, we can do that for sure." I loved the idea, maybe this could help with waking up. "I will see you in the morning." I stood up from the table and went back to my room to talk to Jenna for awhile. "Hey, Jen."

"Hey Josh." Jenna wore the same bright smile as usual

"I saw the way you were watching Tyler, do you miss him?"

"Like crazy. I just wish I could talk to him, I wish he could see me."

"Maybe I can help."

"I don't know how you would, everything you do is subconsciously decided or created."

"I could just think about you being real more, that might help. I mean, I got him to see you a few weeks ago, but then he forgot about you." I frowned.

"Yeah, I guess it couldn't hurt." She shrugged. "You should probably try not to let him forget me though."

"Yeah, probably. You two are really in love then?"

"Absolutely."

"Good. You seem like a good match."

"We are better than that. We are a perfect match." She started at the rings on her fingers.
__________ Friday_________
I rolled out of bed at nine o'clock, we didn't have to go into work today, not that I'm there that often anymore anyway. "Hey Tyler, I think I'm going to the mall. Do you want to go with me?"