A last confession (shinkai)

"KID!!"

Shinichi couldn't believe what he just saw. Right at the end of the hallway, a man dressed in black dragged the unconcious and wounded KID towards a window... and without hesitation threw him out. Tears began to prinkle in the corner of his eyes as he dashed towards said window and jumped after him, not able to part from his beloved rival.

Right in the midair, he managed to get a hold of KID and examined him hastily for a button to activate his hangglider, but got rudely disappointed as he found the hangglider was broken... obviously destroyed by the man in black.
"K-KID! Wake up! Come on! You can't do this to me! KID!"
He knew once awake the magician would know for sure a way to save both of them, but this time, his eyes remained closed.
Shinichi lost this time.

As they kept falling, Shinichi hugged Kaito as tight as possible and sobbed gently into the fabric of his coat, not able to calm his tears.
"KID... KID... Please..."
He saw the wound KID had at his temple, the blood on his suit and some dried one in his hair. Maybe this time, it really was over for the magician under the moonlight and the detective of the east.
Finally, Shinichi looked up to see a last time the face of the thief. Already hopeless to make it out alive he exhaled, before he pulled KID close and captured his lips in a soft kiss. He had nothing to loose anymore... and no one would ever know he kissed a criminal.

Surprisingly, he felt KID to kiss him back. His eyes shot wide open as he faced the tired indigo ones of the magician who simply smiled into the kiss. He seemed weak, but alive and that was all what mattered. Having no time to blush Shinichi pulled him closer once more and sobbed loudly.
"I-I love you KID... I can't get you out of my head... KID... KID..."
"Shh..."
Kaito hugged the trembling bundle as good as possible before raising a hand onto an earbud inside his ear.
"Jii-chan, the helicopter! Quick! I don't plan on dying today!"
Shinichi clung only tighter onto his jacket as Kaito pulled out a grappling hook, shooting it towards the helicopter which soon appeared below them. A short jolt went through their bodies as both got caught by the rope... and KID hung with Shinichi in his arms at the iron skids, exhaling relieved.
"Phew... That was close... Get us back to the zeppelin, Jii-chan!"
"As you wish botchama!" was the immediate reply.

Shinichi was completely through with his world. Once KID carried him upwards into the flying helicopter he clung onto the magician and couldn't stop his tears anymore.
"Y-you're injured KID... where does it hurt? You feel like having a broken bone? You need to rest!"
He parted and began to search below his seat for some bandages, alcohol and pads to clean and treat his wounds. The magician exchanged an amused glare with his assistent... and then leaned back as a worried Shinichi began to examine him closer. Both kept quiet for a long time and as KID was all patched up, he leaned forward and kissed the forehead of his favorite critic.

"I love you too, Meitantei."