two

"Okay Emily wait in here while I go talk to him."I sighed and put my hands in my sweater pocket leaning against the wall. Scott left me alone with Stiles to check on his jeep in the shop and it was already 8:50 and I was missing my TV shows. "What are you doing I just asked for a starter" Stiles asked trying to sound all tough . The very muscly engineer didn't take his eyes off the jeep. I couldn't hear what he was saying but stiles was loud enough for me. "I'll be back here seething in rage. "

"Well we have to wait ." He snapped wiping his hands on his sweater."This place is so sanitary" he mumbled while he wiped a clear goo off and took out his phone.

"That"s freaking disgusting" I murmured glancing up at him. His hands started to shake and he dropped his phone on the floor.

"What's happening to my hands?" His attention turned away from his hands to the garage

"Hey!"I looked to where he was yelling and saw a lizard like creature climbing down stiles jeep.

" HEY WATCH OUT." I cried out but I was to late the thing swiped its claw on its neck and the man dropped down.

"Emily ...call." I snatched Stiles's phone and dialed the number running out of the garage office seeing the jeep lower down on the man slowly.

"Hello this is 911 what is your emergency "The woman spoke calmly to me.Before I could help pull the man out I felt a slice across my neck and fell to my knees onto my face.

"Help."I whispered. The lizard hissed in my face and ran out of the garage.The man's breath was quickening as he saw the jeep moving slowly down, his eyes widened with fear, as his death got closer and closer. I didn't feel tears running down my cheeks until the jeep crushed him. Dark red blood spilled to the side. Due to the fact all sense of movement was taken away from me, the ability to look away was impossible so I kept my eyes closed, awaiting the sound of sirens to mute the noise of both Stiles and I's heavy breathing.

After a long painful hour later I could hear stiles getting up and swaying with dizziness over to me. "Come on." He flipped my body over and hooked his hands under my arms and dragged me across the floor outside away from the dead body.

"Sti-" He shushed me and called 911 again.

"Yeah this is sheriff Stilinski's son we need help at Roger's garage." It took at least 15 minutes for the police to show and by then I had full movement of my legs and arms so it was easier to hide the numbness in my chest .

"So you did not see what happened." Stiles dad asked us again . "No we walked in and he was under the jeep." I looked away seeing the replay of the young man crying out for help and seeing the creature's eyes look at me and run away. Scott pulled up in his moms car and looked at me with sad eyes.

"You okay?" My fingers skimmed over the back of my neck feeling the wound the creature had left me . "I watched that man die, heard the crunch of his spine as the jeep came down on him, and I couldn't even help. I felt so helpless." He was about to say something else when Stiles got in and stole his attention from me.

- Two days later-

I changed the band-aid on my neck and let my hair down. Melissa left the car with scott so he drove us both to school. I walked to my locker by myself. First and second period went by fast , I  decided to go outside and sit on the benches to enjoy my free period. I laid my head on my head back on the metal seat behind me and stared at the clouds, listening to the birds.

"You know maybe you should wear black more often it suits you." I turned my head and there was Erica, sitting in front of me.

" Thanks but can you leave me alone." she smirked and moved up a row forcing me the make conversation with her.

"I heard from a little bird that you were there when that guy was murdered, and you lied to Stiles dad about it." The zipper on my sleeve dug into my hand as I squeezed tightly as possible to force my mind to focus on the pain instead of reliving those moments.

" You've got to be crazy if you think I saw or did anything." I stood and fixed myself. She stood in my way very quickly.

"I wanna know what happened." She snarled at me.A particle of spit hit my nose and my face scrunched in disgust.

"It's none of your damn business what happened,  now get back to skanking around with the guys in school" Her eyes fumed with rage, her fist raised only to be stopped by someone yelling her name. I turned around and saw Issac the kid who was supposedly a suspect in his dad's murder case.

" Emily can you just save us the trouble of forcing it out of you please tell us what happened." He said a little more politely.

"I. Didn't. See. Anything. Okay, do I have to say it in a different language for you?" He shook his head in disappointment and stalked towards me fists clenched. " ISSAC STEP AWAY."