5

I just stood looking at the man as he smirked at me. I had no idea how to deal with this situation. He held his hand out to me and I just looked at it. This made him laugh as he took a hold of my hand. He pulled me forward so I was now against his chest.

"hold on." he mumbled in my ear.

I did as he told and held onto him. A gust of wind came rushing past up and after a few seconds, we stood still. I opened my eyes I didn't even notice I closed. I stepped away from him do observe where we were. It was a small clearing in a forest with a sparkling lake.

"where are we shunsui-sama?" I asked.

"a lake." He said simply.

I just looked at him with a small smile before looking back at the lake. I saw my reflection in the water and I quickly looked away.

I felt a hand on my head and I looked up to see shunsui-sama looking at me.

"you don't have much self-esteem do you?" he asked.

I looked up slightly shocked before smiling and looking away. I lightly laughed as I covered my face.

"it's that obvious huh?" I asked.

"well it is when you look at your reflection with such disgust." he said.

"Well, yea but these are my problems." I mumbled.

I heard him sigh and he took a step towards me and took my chin in his fingertips making me look up at him. He used his spare hand to take a strand of my hair and kiss it.

"on the contrary my dear. I can't let such a pretty lady such as yourself not realise her beauty." he said.

I pushed and averted my gaze.

"thank you for your kind words shunsui-sama, but you do not need to lie to me." I said.

"I do not say this lightly to someone I don't even know the name of." he said.

I laughed realising I never introduced myself.

"My name is Akiko but most people call me Aki." I said.

"well, Aki-chan you are one of the prettiest girls I've ever met." he said.

I blinked a few times before a gentle laugh escaped my mouth.

"at least someone thinks so." I said.

He smiled at me before patting my head.

"you're too cute." he said.

"and you're a flirt shunsui-sama." I said.

"usually but I see you a bit differently, more like a sister and adorable one." he said.

"some brother. You're nothing like my twin." I said.

This seemed to peek his interest but after seeing the distant and sad looked u had he didn't pry. I sat down by the lake bringing my knees to my chest and looking into tbs the water. My twin Ichigo. How I miss him, my sisters and dad.

I sighed and fell on my back looking up at the clear sky. I hummed to myself watching the clouds go by.

"and yet who knows maybe you'll become a good brotherly figure. But unfortunately for you, it's impossible for you to top my real brother." I said with a laugh.

I soon just got lost in the sky as thoughts ran through my head. I missed my family more than you could imagine but I was also happy I coolant see them knowing they would have to be dead for them to be here.

But I remember all the antics we got up to. Even more so when mum was alive. She was everything to us be light in our world the reason I always smiled and the reason I kept smiling. She always had so much love to give and I looked up to her for that reason.

Them there my two younger sisters. Yuzu and Karin. Complete polar opposite Yuzu was sweet and when mum died she took over all of the housekeeping. Karin was was strong and always stayed strong not to worry anyone after mums death she never cried.

Then there was my twin brother. Ichigo that idiot ns always tried to play the hero. All be wanted to do was protect us and be always blamed himself for our mother's death. I cared for that and he was there by my side unit the very end alongside dad.

Which brings me onto that stupid father of mine. How do I put this? He was a mess but he always had the ability to lighten our moods even if it was annoying. He cared for us all with every fibre of his being. He was honestly the glue that held out family together. He always acted dumb but he knew when something was wrong with us. He acted like he didn't know but he did.

He was the best father I could ask for. He also stood by my side of my last moments. Sending me off with a smile saying I'll see you one day again.

With those words, I found myself no longer being terrified of dying. I was still sad to leave but not scares anymore. Until the end, he knew how to make me feel better.

My thoughts travelled away from my family to the next day. What was so bad that the Captain thought I needed a day off prior? I was honestly a bit worried about tomorrow.