47

My blade clashed with Byakuya's blade as we trained. I was lightly panting as we separated. We've been training for a good two hours and we were both tired. He reached his blade and I looked at him confused as I did the same.

"hand to hand combat, " he said.

I quickly grabbed his first that was about to strike me. I lightly glared at him, however, I yelped in shock as he kicked my legs out from under me.

We both fell to the ground and I laughed as he hovered over me.

"you're cruel Byakuya, " I said.

I tried to get up but he didn't let me. So we're playing this game huh Byakuya. Well, bring it on. A small smirk came to my face and I leaned up kissing him. He was slightly shocked giving me the chance to flip us over so I was now on top.

I giggled as k leaned down closer to him.

"i can get very competitive Byakuya. You should be more careful, " I said.

"i can see that, " He said.

I giggled but my mood slightly dropped. He looked at me curiously.

"what's on your mind, " He asked.

"I'm worried. What's going to happen when Aizen attacks?" I asked.

"I'll kill you with ease, " a different voice said.

I looked down to see below me was no longer Byakuya but Aizen. He grabbed my necked and forces me to the ground strangling me.

Shock ran through my body as I searched for an escape but found none. My heart was racing.

"I've killed everyone you love. Now time for you, " Aizen said.

~~~~

I leapt up panting as my hands shook. Another nightmare. I covered my face with my hands trying to take deep breaths. Calm down. Stay calm. It was just a dream. You're fine. Everyone is fine.

~~~~

Izuru watched his captain wake up from a nightmare for the third night in a row. He could tell it was taking a toll on her. She was training without rest for the battle to come and she couldn't sleep.

He took a deep breath wondering what he should do. He had an idea of something but he was worried she would be mad.

But seeing the pained face she had he decided to do so. He called a butterfly sending it to someone he knew could help. She would probably ask why he knew to send for that person. But he just did.

She stayed away for the next hour unable to go sleep again. Izuru just waited, hoping the person got it.

Not a moment later Izuru felt someone behind him. He quickly turned around to see who he was waiting for. He quickly bowed.

"captain Kukchi, " Izuru said.

"where is she?" He asked.

He pointed to her room and Byakuya immediately went in. Izuru took a deep breath. Please don't let her kill him for this.

~~~~

I was laying in when I heard someone enter. I looked up to see Byakuya. I sat up looking around.

"Why are you here. It's late, " I asked.

He sat in front of me. He took my face in his hands running his for hers under my eyes where there must have been dark circles.

"how much sleep have you been getting?" He asked.

"enough, " I said.

"Akiko, " he said lowly.

I froze looking down and taking a deep breath.

"I've been struggling to sleep recently but I'll be fine, " I said.

His eyes slightly narrowed. I watched him wondering what he would do next. He grabbed me as he laid down behind me. He was spooning me. I felt warm and safe here.

"How did you even know, " I asked.

"your lieutenant told me, " He said.

"I'm so gonna beat him, " I mumbled.

"he was worried about you, " he said.

I took another deep breath before turning in his arms so I was facing his chest. I snuggled into him as j meet my heavy eyes close.

"thank you for coming here. I really needed it, " I mumbled.