30

I sat in my office and I stood up stretching. I was getting restless. I stood up shocking Izuru. He looked at me slightly confused.

"I just need some fresh air. I'll be back soon. Will you be okay alone here?" I asked.

"don't worry about it, captain. You haven't taken a break since you became captain. I'll be fine. Take a break." Izuru said.

I gave him a gentle smile and walked out of the office. As I walked out people bowed to me. I sighed.

I used flash step and in a few minutes, I stood at a lake surrounded by sakura trees. It's where Byakuya borough me. I watched the petals fall down. It also reminded me of Byakuya's zanpakuto.

I heard footsteps and looked beside me to see Byakuyastanding by me. I smiled and looked back at the trees.

"hows being a captain?" he asked.

"stressful. I came here to take a breath. It always cheers me up." I said.

~~~~

Byakuya looked down at her smiling face. He missed seeing it every day. He found himself thinking about her at odd times.

He didn't want to admit his feelings for her. He already lost his wife and he didn't want to betray her. But something Shunsui said a few days ago struck him.

Would your wife want you to be alone? We soul reapers live a long time. It's not impossible to love another in our lifetime.

Byakuya watched the pink refect in her violet eyes. Perhaps he could give it a try. She turned to him meeting his grey eyes with her violet eyes. So deep holding so much in those violet hues.

A gust of wind came by and he watched her pushed her orange hair out of her face. He placed his and on her head smoothing her hair.

Perhaps it was okay.

~~~~

The wind blew my hair everywhere. Byakuya placed his hand on my head and smoothed it out. I felt my cheeks heat and I looked away from him.

I looked back at him and he placed his hand on my forehead. He moved my hair back and leaned forward. I watched him confused but my eyes widened feeling his lips press against my forehead. He moved away and I was frozen my face completely red.

"I'll see you around captain Akiko," he said.

I soon snapped out if my daze.

"damn you Kuchiki," I said to him.

He was gone. I sighed touching my forehead. What was that about? My hand soon moved to my chest where my pounding heart was. The damn fool. Don't give me false hope.

I sighed and returned to my office. I sat down and began the paperwork.

"is everything, okay captain. You seem flustered?" Izuru asked.

"I'm fine. Just had a strange encounter is all." I said.

He looked at me but I gave a warm smile at him.

"after we finish this paperwork do you wanna train with me?" I asked.

"it would be an honour captain, " he said.

After a few hours, we finished. We walked to an open area. I smiled as Izuru drew his zanpakuto. I smiled drawing mine.

He ran at me but I deflected his blade. He stumbled and I kicked his legs out from under him and held my zanpakuto to the back of his neck.

He looked at me slightly shocked. I smiled and helped him up. Our zanpakuto's clashed and we fought for a few hours. By the end of it, Izuru was on the floor panting.

I helped him up and we went back to our squad.