41

I skidded across the ground as blood dripped to the ground. I had no idea what time it was but my body felt numb. I took my stance and Sora ran at me, however, he disappeared.

I turned to see Uruhara removed my zanpakuto. My vision blurred and I fell. Tessai came up to me and lifted me up.

I was moved back upstairs and he began helaing me. I groaned in pain. Blood oozed from my wounds.

"how are you feeling?" Tessai asked.

I looked away as he continued to heal me.

"what if I don't finish in time. I only have one more day, " I mumbled.

He laughed and I looked at him.

"kisuke wouldn't have let you do this if he thought you would fail, he has hope in you as do I. I've seen you fight. Plus have you forgotten you're a captain?" he said.

I laughed but groaned as pain speared through me.

"thanks, " I mumbled before passing out.

Kisuke watched her. today was her last day. Yoruichi watched concerned.

"kisuke do you really think it's possible?" Yoruichi asked.

Kisuke smiled looking at theAkiko.

"I'm certain. Just watch. You'll be surprised, " Kisuke said.

I took a deep breath. This was getting us nowhere. There must be something I was going wrong. I looked to see Sora not moving. Then it hit me. He has never done a killing blow.

He doesn't want to hurt me. That's why he was against this. Wanting to make sure I wanted this. I didn't want to hurt him either. As much as I'm not holding back I'm also not doing any killing blows.

I took a deep breath. I couldn't kill Sora or seriously injure him. He was apart of me. I walked forward and Sora landed on the ground preparing another attack. I gripped the blade in my hand. I trusted Sora with my life. He was the person I trust more than anyone. Even more than my brother or Byakuya.

He ran at me but I didn't dodge block or counter. The blade missed me by a hair. I gripped the blade that was right next to my neck making blood drip down my hand and arm. He looked at me shocked.

"and you always tell me not to hold back. Damn hypothetic, " I said.

My blade was held to his gut but I lowered it shocking him.

"I thought you wanted to learn Bankai, " he said.

"yes but if that involves killing you I'll find a different way to become stronger. I hate hurting you. Killing you is out of the question, " I said.

His blade disappeared and he took my bloody hand in his.

"it seems I'm unable to fight

"it seems I'm unable to fight. You have beaten me into submission, my dear, " he said.

I watched as my wounds slowly began to heal. He leaned in whispering to me. He took a step back and bowed to me.

"I'll see you around malady, " he said as he went up in a gust of wind.

I fell to the ground exhausted. But my wounds were practically healed thanks to Sora.

Kisuke looked at Yoruichi with a smile.

"see, I told you she could do it. You should have had a bit more faith, " Kisuke said.

Yoruichi looked at the girl slightly surprised. The relationship she had with her zanpakuto was strong. One of the strongest she's seen.