32

I sighed finishing stuff in my office. I had to leave soon to go to the world of the living. I would be helping with the Arrancar situation considering I knew the town like the back of my hand. I grew up there.

I heard footsteps and Izuru walked in. I gave him a small smile and he bowed to me. I sighed waking up to him and ruffling his hair. He met my gaze.

"I've told you there is no need to bow to me, " I said.

"be careful on this mission captain, " he said.

I was slightly taken aback but continued to smile. He was worried about me.

"there is no need to worry. I grew up in the town we're going to. Also, there's another captain going as well as two lieutenants. I'll be fine. Besides, I'm lucky, I only have to worry about my mission because I have a competent lieutenant to look after things while I'm gone, " I said.

I began walking out of the squad with Izuru following. As we walked people bowed to us. I gave them all a small smile. When we came to the exit of the squad Izuru bow to me. I pat his head giving him a warm smile before leaving.

I left and began my journey to the Senkaimon. After about half an hour I was close and could see everyone else waiting there. I went to take another step only to stop and turn around to see Byakuya. I gave him a warm smile.

"be careful. The Reishi in the world of the living isn't as dense as here, so if you get injured it'll take longer to heal. Also, don't sink to muck with you Gigai because it'll be painful to separate with. And make sure you eat-" he said but I cut him off.

I took his hand in mine and places my other hand on his chest. I leaned into his chest listening to his heartbeat.

"I'll be fine. I did learn from a great mentor, " I said.

I felt him look down at me. So I looked up meeting his grey calming hues. His arms wrapped around me and I instinctively placed my hands on his face.

I was pulled in close to him as he leaned down to me. He got closer and my eyes closed as his lips met mine. If felt like time stopped as my heart thumped in my chest.

As we separated he still held me close

As we separated he still held me close. I looked away a blush coming to my cheeks. That was my first kiss.

"make sure you come back to me in one place, Akiko, " Byakuya said

I looked up at him and smiled before wrapping my arms around his neck and hugging him.

"I promise I will, " I said.

I gave him a peck on the cheek before I left meeting up with the other.

"Seems we're all here. So let's be on our way, " Renji said.

The Senkaimon was opened and everyone went before me. I looked at Byakuya and smiled. I promise I'll come back.

"captain Kurosaki the seal has been placed. You can go now, " one of the kido corp members said.

I nodded and entered. I followed the others and we soon exited we stood in karakura town. A wave of nostalgia hit me.

"Captain, are you alright?" Rukia asked.

I looked at her and smiled.

"I'm quite alright, but if it's not too much of an inconvenience there's something I would like to do quickly, " I said.

Ikkaku went to speak but shut up after a glare from Rukia.

"it's fine. We'll see you soon captain, " Rukia said as they left.

~~~~

"what was that about?" Ikkaku asked.

"this is her home town. I'm sure she has a lot of memories. So let's let her get used to being here again, " Rukia said.

The others were a bit shocked. Rukia and Renji were the only ones who knew this was her home town till now. They were also the only ones that knew she was Ichigo's sister. But the others were to learn from Akiko soon enough.

~~~~

I stood by the water and sighed. I heard a train go by behind me. I saw an image of my mothers corpse in my mind. I looked up at the sky as I laid down on the grass.

I guess this is where it started. This is where Ichigo and I first encountered a hollow. It's where our lives changed.

I gave a smile thinking of our mother. I truly missed her.

"if you could see me now, Would you be proud of me mum?" I mumbled.