29

there was a captains meeting being held and the topic of the new captains were being discussed. Unohana was the first to speak.

"I think Akiko Kurosaki should be considered, her show of skill when Aizen betrayed us was very impressive," she said.

"I Also agree, she was able to take out two former captains and injure Aizen," Shunsiu said.

"Weren't they underestimating her, plus she hasn't achieved Bankai, I doubt she knows hows to control her Shikai properly," Mayuri said.

"And despite probably not knowing her Shikai's true power she took two captains out, one without unsealing her zanpakuto, and yet the powers still seeped out," Unohana said.

Mayuri nodded reluctantly he couldn't deny that.

"Yes, I also recommend her," Soifon said

"I guess I recommend her to," Kenpachi said.

"She has shown her skill and worthiness, I'm not opposed to it," Mayuri said.

"I think she would be a great captain," Jushiro said.

"She's a force to be reckoned with, I also recommend her," Toshiro said.

"She's beyond skilled, and kind, It would be good to have her as a captain," Sanjin said.

"She has natural talent and will only continue to get stronger, She seems like a good choice," Byakuya said.

The head captain hit his cane to the floor.

"it seems we all agree that Akiko Kurosaki should become a captain, I now declare her as the new captain of squad three," The head captain announced.

He was surprised they all agreed so easily. Despite how young and new she was she's accomplished much gaining the acceptance of all the remaining captains. she's Not even been in the soul society for a year and here she was becoming a captain.

But she was so much like her the head captain knew it, the older soul reapers saw it too, but he knew more. He knew Akiko Kurosaki was the reincarnation of her, for she had the same zanpakuto as her so long ago. let's just hope she doesn't suffer the same fate.

~~~~

I sat there shocked hearing the news. There I was surrounded by the other captains. The head captain holding captains cloak to me as I was announced the new captain of squad three.

"you have proven yourself an irreplaceable asset to the soul society, and due to your actions in the betrayal of Aizen all captains have decided you to be the best choice of a new captain, Do you accept this title Akiko Kurosaki?" The head captain said.

I bowed my head before looking up and taking a deep breath.

"I accept this title with great honour and vow to do everything to uphold the peace in the soul society," I spoke clearly.

I took the cloak with the number three on it. I placed in on and stood tall. I don't know if I was the best choice but I would do everything to protect my new home.

"the new captain of squad three has been named, captain Kurosaki," The head captain spoke.

The ceremony ended and I began walking to my new barracks as anxiety filled me. I felt a hand on my head to see Shunsui smiling at me.

"you'll do great. Everyone agreed on you being the best choice, so believe in yourself," He said before leaving.

I sighed but felt one more person around me. I looked up to see Byakuya in front of me. He was looking at the rising moon and I also looked up there. He soon stood beside me and walked with me. I smiled comforted by his presence. I looked up seeing his calm expression.

The grey eyes I've grown to enjoy looking into, I wouldn't see as much now. I felt my chest constricted uncomfortably. Why must I have these feelings for him? When I finally got to the barracks Byakuya left.

I walked through and people bowed to me. I found it weird but I was their new captain. They congratulated me and welcomed me. I soon came to a room where the lieutenant was. Izura, if I was correct he helped his captain but was being manipulated. The head captain said I had every right to appoint a new lieutenant and I've already made up my mind.

I opened the door shocking him. He bowed down to me his forehead touching the ground. I stood in front of him not wavering.

"If I'm correct did you help you previous captain Gin knowing something wasn't right?" I asked.

"yes captain Kurosaki, I know my actions were wrong, and I deeply apologise. I understand if you no longer want me as the lieutenant, I also understand if you no longer want me in this squad," he said.

I heard the earnestness in his voice. I let a sigh escape my mouth.

"I will not kick you out of the squad nor demote you, I can tell you speak with earnest. But let it be known if you betray me you will not be forgiven." I said.

he bowed more if possible.

"thank you so much captain Kurosaki, I am loyal to you," He said.

"No, you are loyal to the soul society, say if I'm ever controlled or betray the soul society I want you to take me down with no mercy, Now raise your head.," I said.

He looked up at me shocked and I let a small smile grace my face.

"it's nice to meet you Izura." I said in a more gentle voice.

I watched as his tension slightly faded.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, captain Kurosaki." He said.

"Now won't you show me around and tell me what it's like in this squad," I said as I walked out of the room.

He followed and explained things to me, I could tell he was a good guy.

(just so you know I'm not going into the bout arc, I'm skipping it but I will be mentioned in the future. Love you all)