20

I went skidding back as I panted. I looked up at Sora who knocked me down again. He decided to test me before showing me any new techniques. I again stood up still determined.

"Maybe you're not ready. I'd rather not hurt you any more," he said.

I huffed standing tall and taking my stance.

"If one doesn't push themselves to their limit and beyond how will they ever improve?" I asked.

I felt the air change suddenly. His eyes slightly glowed. He held the blade up horizontally before pointing it towards me.

The wind suddenly began spinning around me. Slow at first but it soon became quick and violent. It was like a tornado that spun around me.

When it was finally over I was in the ground in pain and with the wind knocked out of me. I had multiple gashes and marks that would bruise later. I groaned and attempted to get up only to fall as pain shot through me.

I looked up at Sora who floated above me. I groaned and forced myself to stand up. How did he do that attack? Let's think. First, he held his sword horizontally, then he pointed it at me. But the change happened before he did those actions.

His eyes started glowing first. I took a deep breath meeting Sora's eyes. I let my spiritual pressure enter the zanpakuto and I held it horizontally before pointing it at Sora.

I watched as the air began to go changed but it soon failed and a forced me back knocking the air out of me. I fell back and looked up go see Sora standing above me. He took hold of my hand and lifted me up.

"remarkable as always Aki. You got the basics down of it. So keep training." he was.

I wrapped my arms around him giving him a hug. He was tense for a second before returning it.

"time for you to go back malady," he said.

I smiled and allowed myself to leave my inner world. When I opened my eyes I was back where I was training. I stood up taking a deep breath.

Meanwhile

~~~~

Sora hovered in the sky of Akiko's inner world letting his thoughts wander. He cared deeply for her. Probably more than any other spirit did for their human.

He even spent time with her when she was alive in the human world. Often when she slept he would pull her in and talk to her. However, that happened a lot after her mother died.

He felt her pain as if it was his pain. He felt how much it hurt to hold it all in. And when she continued to smile. So he hoped to give her some support during those times where no one realised just how torn apart she was inside.

And even before she was alive in the world of the living. He sighed shaking those thoughts out of his head. He had to focus on now. In hopes, the past did not repeat itself. He wouldn't let that happen again. He would protect her this time.