19

The two came back home and I could tell immediately they were both off. I sat alone with Renji. I could see the distress in his eyes. An order came from central 46 declaring Rukia's execution.

"I'm unsure of what to say. I'm sorry." I mumbled.

He didn't say anything as he stood up. But before he left I called out to him.

"Renji sometimes the things you want aren't in line with the law. But ultimately it's your decision what you do. Just make sure to weigh every solution." I warned.

He didn't say anything as he left. I knew deep down he was contemplating saving her. If he chose to do so he would be punished. But if he didn't he would probably beat himself up over it. Now I wasn't sure what the captain would do.

As of on cue Byakuya walked into the room with his usual blank and cold expression but I felt something different.

But I decided not to pry. Knowing him he wouldn't appreciate it. So I stood up deciding to go see this Rukia. After a little trip, I stood in the holding cell. I walked to her cell to see a young girl with short black hair and purple eyes.

When she looked at me her eyes slightly widened. I walked closer leaning on the bars.

"Akiko third seat of squad six. Our lieutenant seems to have a connection with you. You were childhood friends right?" I said.

She nodded but didn't say anything. I signed looking out a window. I looked at her from the corner of my eye to see a distant look in her eyes. I sighed and began to walk out only to turned and looked at her.

"you know. I would have liked to meet you before this. I feel like we could have been friends." I said with a sad smiled.

She looked at me and I walked out.

~~~~

Rukia watched Akiko leave. She recognised her immediately from the photo Ichigo had. She was his sister. And just like Ichigo said she seemed to be incredibly kind. Rukia saw the worry in her eyes and they didn't even know each other.

Rukia also wished they met on different circumstances for she to would have like to be friends. If she was anything like her brother said she was truly a kind soul. Perhaps too kind for this world.

~~~~

I stood in a secluded area sitting down with my zanpakuto on my lap. I closed my eyes and within a few minutes, they opened to see I was in my inner world again in the same kimono.

I walked out into the boardwalk and saw Sora sitting at the end. He seemed to be deep in thought. I walked up behind him peaking at his face.

"what brings you here malady?" he asked not looking at me.

I sat by his side and looked out into the endless sky.

"is something wrong with you. There seems to be something bringing you down." I said meeting his ome red and one yellow eyes.

He smiled standing up and holding his hand out to me. I haven't noticed until just then but he seems sad. I took his hand standing up with him.

"You seem troubled," I said my head tilting to the side.

He laughed hiding his feelings behind his smile.

"do not worry yourself about malady. Anyway, what brings you here?" he asked.

I look into the endless sky again. I knew he already knew why I was here but he wanted me to say it out loud.

"I want you to teach me about you. So I can protect others." I said.

He met my gaze and I saw worry deep in them. But nonetheless, he drew the unsealed version of himself. I also released the one I held facing off with him.

"shall we begin malady," he asked.

"no time better then the present," I said with a small smile.