10

I yawned and quickly looked in the mirror and nodded. I was ready for training. I walked to the training grounds to see my captain. I walked up to him and gave a small bow.

"you'll activate and use your shikia today." he said.

I went slightly tensed. I actually had to fight my captain. Great. He drew his sword and held it.

"Scatter senbonzakura." He said.

I watched as his blade turned into many different blades that looked like the petals of a Sakura tree. I must say it was rather beautiful.

"Focus Akiko." Byakuya called.

I was snapped out of my daze only to realise I was in a bind. I was surrounded by the pretty pink blades. I unsheathed my Zampato and took a deep breath. This would be the first time I called his name.

"Fly, Sora." I said.

~~~~

The blades surrounded Akiko but a pulse of air sent them back. Byakuya looked at her to see how her Zampato changed.

Byakuya redirected his Zampato so it was again attacking Akiko. This time it was a straight forward attack. Akiko sliced through the air and his Zampato was again deflected. So from what Byakuya was gathering her Zampato was one that manipulated the air around it.

The pink blades danced around Akiko and she smiled a bit. They began to close in on her. She again sent out a blast of air knocking the blades back. She jumped forward and went to attack Byakuya only for her blade to be blocked by th many pink ones.

She jumped back and landed gently on her feet. She sliced through the air sending an air blade at Byakuya. He dodged and appeared behind her.

She quickly spun around to cut him but again her blade was blocked with the pink petals. She jumped back but quickly dropped to the floor avoiding the blade only for some to come from behind her cutter her multiple times. Within second of her confusion she was surrounded and if this wasn't a sparing match he would be dead.

She was slightly dejected. She was beaten so quickly. While Byakuya was slightly impressed. For using it for the first time she already used it naturally. And her moves were graceful quite different to the fighting style she was use to which seemed to lack grace.

He sealed his shikai before walking up to her. She quickly stood up with a gentle laugh. She also seal her shikai.

Byakuya walked behind her and stopped her for sheathing her Zampato. His hand was placed on top of her That's was on the jolt of the blade and his other rested on her waist. Akiko's face went completely hot as beet red.

"When fighting stay relaxed. If you get overwhelmed or agitated your thought become clouded. Stay looses yet firm find a good balance between the two. Don't hold your Zampato to tightly." He explained.

He moved her so she was in a stance. He brought her arm up and then across making her Zampato slice thorough the air.

"You're graceful but your moves still need work." He said letting her go.

He walked away leaving a completely flustered Akiko alone.

"What just happened?" She asked herself shocked.