8

I walked to the squad 8 barracks. As j walked through them I soon came to where shunsui-sama was. As I got there I saw him sitting on a roof drinking sake.

I walked up and be smiled patting the spot next to him. I sighed and jumped up landing in a crouched position beside him. I soon sat down and looked up at the sky.

"why don't you have a drink with me?" shunsui-sama asked.

I hesitated as he poured me a glass but after a few moments I picked it up. I've already died might as well have my first drink in the afterlife.

I took a sip and immediately coughed as the liquid burned my throat. This caused shunsui-sama to laugh as I coughed I pouted making him laugh more.

"first time with alcohol huh?" he said with amusement in his voice.

"that obvious," I said with a sighed.

"no better time than the present to start," he said.

I guess he was right. And I did have the day off. What the worst that could happen? Oh, how I, regret that thought.

~~~~

After two bottles of sake, Akiko was wreaked. shunsui coupling help but laugh at her state. She couldn't hold her liquor for the life of her.

"shunsui-sama I'm not feeling so good." she groaned.

"Alright, that's enough drinking. I'll take you home." shunsui said.

He stood up holding his hand out. Akiko took it and as she stood up she fell into shunsui's chest.

He supported her as he walled to the squad 6 barracks. He had no idea where the place she was staying in was and she had forgotten.

Lucky for shunsui Byakuya showed up and the scene he saw before him did not impress him.

"what happened?" he asked.

"I convinced her to have a drink with me and I got a bit out of hand." shunsui said.

"I'll take her to her home," Byakuya said.

shunsui nodded giving Akiko to Byakuya before leaving. She was standing on her own but she fell. Byakuya instinctively reached kit and grabbed her and supported her.

"I'm sorry Captain Kuchiki." Akiko mumbles.

Byakuya didn't say anything as he led her home. She immediately collapsed to the floors and Byakuya just watches unsure of what to do.

She soon began to loosen her clothing shocking Byakuya.

"what are you doing?" he asked.

"it's just so hot," she whined.

She fell to the ground and was half asleep. Byakuya just leaned against a wall before deciding to leave but her voice stopped him.

"captain Byakuya the only reason you accepted to mentor me was because the head captain told you to. Does that mean you would happily give up the task if you could?" she asked.

He looked at bed not responding making her look down thinking the worst possible scenario.

"that was a stupid question obviously its true. Sorry, I asked," she mumbled.

Byakuya walked in front of her. She didn't meet his gaze which he didn't appreciate.

"do not think such things. If j didn't want to train you I wouldn't," he said.

She looked at him shocked as he already red face got redder. She quickly stood up pulling her futon out and walking to her bathroom.

"I should get ready to sleep.," she said.

Byakuya decided.tk.stay to make sure she was okay. This was obviously her first encounter with alcohol and she was his responsibility it was his reputation on the line if she did something stupid while intoxicated.

When she came back out she was wearing a nightgown that was a bit revealing to be in front of the opposite gender. It wasn't bad just was a little shirt and showed some cleavage. Byakuya turned away as she set up her bed.

"get some sleep.," he said and was about to leave but her quiet voice caught his attention.

"I don't like to sleep. I have nightmares." she mumbled so quietly Byakuya nearly didn't heat.

"I'll stay until you fall asleep," Byakuya said.

She looked at him.meeting his gaze and smiled.

"thank you, captain," she mumbled falling asleep.

He stayed with her for a little while after she fell asleep. He found himself looking at her before shaking his head.

"stop that's completely inappropriate," he whispered to himself.

He was right it was inappropriate to think like he was towards someone he was mentoring. However, he was still a man and couldn't help but look at her the way he did.