28

I stood in a room where my captain and lieutenant was. I listen to them talk. I sighed and I heard fast footsteps and Ichigo jumped in the window yelling asking if we've seen Rukia. Orihime soon came up and they left.

"Renji, go make sure their not causing trouble," Byakuya said.

Renji nodded and left leaving me alone with the captain. I sat in the chair next to him. I think I'm starting to realise my feeling towards him. But I also heard about his wife and I had no place to feel that way for him.

"I hope this Ichigo doesn't intend to keep calling me by my first name," Byakuya said.

I covered my mouth and Turned away from him laughing. I felt his eyes on me and I looked up at him wiping a tear away.

"I'm sorry captain Kuchiki my brother isn't one for formalities," I said.

I grabbed an apple and began to cut it humming a tune, I watched as Byakuya laid down. I let a small smile grace my face. I made bunnies out of the apples and handed them to Byakuya. He looked at them then at me.

"Do you see me as acjild?" He asked.

I freaked out shaking my head and waving my hands about.

"no, no not at all. It's a habbit. I did that for my family when I was alive, I'm sorrry I can get a diffrent apple if you want." I said becoming flustered.

I watched shocked as he ate a pice but my smile soon returned.

"It's good to see you back to yourself Captain. You're not as tense anymore," I said without thinking.

"You're back to yourself to Akiko, You finally have that bright real smile back and light aura," He said.

I froze a bit looking at the captain as he ate the apple. So he noticed huh.

"Did I really change that much?" I asked.

"yes," He said simply.

I smiled happily to be by his side. even if I could never tell him my feelings it would be okay as long as I could protect him I was happy.

~~~~

My brother was leaving today. I stood close as they prepared to leave but before they did my brother yelled.

"HEY AKI COME OUT I KNOW YOU'RE AROUND SOMEWHERE!" Ichigo yelled.

I sighed jumping by his side. I placed my hands on my hips and looked at him.

"still intend to bring me back?" I asked.

"No. I know I can't, you belong here now, But come visit got it." Ichigo said.

I smiled and pulled him into a hug but when I let go I punched his head making him fall to the ground.

"What was that for?"He asked.

"You're not welcome here for a long time got it, You keep living. You have a job to protect our sisters and stupid father got it." I said.

He looked up at me and smiled.

"Got it." He said.

I watched them leave and I looked down sadly.

"Goodbye, brother," I mumbled.

I walked away looking up at the sky, I'm glad I got to see him again. And we will meet again soon, for Aizen is still alive and out there. I would much prefer Ichigo not get involved but I knew what he was like, he would force his way in.