24

I took a step back as a single tear ran down my face. I grabbed my shaking hand watching him talk to the others. Please don't notice me. I watched them argue and Ichigo's attention was soon drawn to us. He didn't notice me at first but as he went to speak to Byakuya he saw me and froze.

Our eyes met, my heart thumped in my chest loudly and quickly. I struggled to hold my tears back seeing those familiar brown eyes.

"Aki." He said.

My violet eyes narrowed. Byakuya looked back at me. Ichigo took a step forward.

"Aki, why are you with him?" Ichigo said.

"are you forgetting what happened? This is my home and I'll protect it." I said in a warning tone.

Keep you cool Akiko, don't let it show how shaken you are. I took a shaky breath.

"How do you know him Akiko?" Byakuya asked.

"Don't say my sister's name so casually. I don't know why she's hanging out with someone like you but I'm also taking her back," Ichigo said.

I let a bit of my spiritual pressure seep out and Ichigo looked at me shocked.

"I am not going back with you or have you forgotten I died, Brother? This is where I belong now. here with my captain and mentor, Captain Kuchiki and others I've met." I said sternly.

My brother was taken aback and I felt my heart, break. I couldn't let him continue this. He took a step towards me again and I simply turned away. Mainly to hide the tears that began to run down my cheeks. The white-haired captain noticed and gave me a worried look. I simply gave a gentle smile.

"what have they done to you Aki?" Ichigo asked.

I didn't answer. I heard the two walking towards each other. They were about to fight. I looked over to see my brother bleeding through bandages. What's he thinking, he'll die here. My fist clenched.

All I wanted to do was beg Byakuya to spare my brother. That's all I wanted to do, protect this idiot and make him go back home to our sisters and father. I just wanted him to live.

Byakuya let his spiritual pressure show and it made Rukia and the small boy fall. I could tell my brother was affected but I just stood behind them next to the white-haired captain. I saw him meet my gaze and saw slight shock on his face.

Byakuya flash stepped and I saw him go behind Ichigo, but what shocked me was Ichigo also saw and blocked his attack. However, my brother stupidly got cocky. I struggled to watch knowing the outcome. I looked down shaking but forced myself to look back up.

"we won't let your brother die Akiko, don't worry. Someone's on their way to save the idiot." Sora said.

I silently nodded relived. But I didn't know if this person would get here in time. Ichigo attack but Byakuya easily countered it. Again flash step. But Ichigo saw again attacking which Byakuya easily blocked. I watched Ichigo continue to fight but Byakuya wasn't fazed.

"damn idiot, don't get so cocky, you haven't even see captain Kuchiki's real strength, He's only playing with you brother," I mumbled to myself.

I watched Byakuya raise his sword preparing to call its name. I closed my eyes wrapping my arms around myself.

"please captain Kuchiki spare my brothers life," I whispered to myself.

However, bandages wrapped around his sword before it was released and I let out a breath. A woman with dark skin and purple hair stood in front of Byakuya. They called her Yoruichi Shihouin.

I watched as she pushed something into my brother's gut and ran. Byakuya didn't chase but instead walked away.

"Akiko, come," He said.

I looked to where my brother was before going to Byakuya's side. I closed my eyes as I walked with him. Please survive, brother, I beg you.