Part 1

You looked around, trees were surrounding you and you and your guard were on a thin path. Supposed to be heading to Pikoro village. You looked ahead and saw the orange sunset. You know it will get dark soon and didn't want anything to happen to you or your guards. You look over to your right and see your two guards Mark and Chad. They were trying to hide it but you could tell they were exhausted.

"Guards, " you say they both look up at you

"Yes, milady?" Mark asks

"How about we stop here for tonight, I'm tired..." you lied you were perfectly rested but you had to get them to rest so instead of hurting their pride you lied.

"But we are nowhere close to Pikoro-" you interrupt Chad

"Then we will have to make up the time we lose tonight tomorrow.," you say kindly

"But it might not be safe out here, "

"Who spent more time in guard training? You or Me?" you ask

"You lady (Y/N)..." They sound defeated but they need to sleep. They are always thinking you can't take care of yourself. You look down at one of Lord Cadenzas old dresses that she made in the past. She was kind enough to give it to you.

You stop your horse and begin to get off. Mark rushes over and offers to help."I'm fine, but thank you, " you say declining his offer and jumping off. You're new to this whole lord thing.  You walk over to a small clearing, you make the fire while they set up the tent.

"Is that smoke?" You ask looking up over the trees.

"It is, " Mark says "I'll go check it out!"

"No, I'll go, " You say they nod knowing they can't stop you. 

You walk into the woods careful not to step on any fallen leaves you walk slowly with your sword in front of you ready to strike. You peek through some bushes and see a small fire. Nothing else it didn't even look at if there was ever even a camp. Then you realized it. 

"Dammit! It's a trap!" You yell even though there is no one else there. 

You run back to camp hoping nothing bad happened. You trip over the bottom of your dress, falling to my knees but quickly get back up. You don't want them to be hurt, they're like family to you! You curse under your breath. "Damn!"  

You reach your small camp after what seems like forever. You peek through the leaves and see Mark and Chad being held a sword at their throat. By what look like bandits. Without thinking you strike at one of them but before you are able to hit him he stabs Mark through the back. The man then nods to the other bandit, who you can only make out his hair color. It's bright red. 

You strike at the man, but he dodges your sword. Barely missing his cheek. You swiftly move for his gut.  Stabbing him pulling out your sword which is drenched in blood.

 All of a sudden you are knocked to the ground by the man with bright red hair.  He takes off your crown and spins it around his finger and grins. 

"I have been following you and your guards for a while now. And now you're all mine." He strokes your hair. You knew something was off. You knew something felt wrong... Then you feel a tear go down the side of your face. 

"What are you going to do?" You ask fiercely. So much for being as to take care of yourself. 

All of a sudden he coughs and a giant green sword is struck into his lower back being shown through the front of his stomach. He coughs once more but this time he spits out blood as well. It splatters onto your face and dress. It's warm and gross. Your used to mud but not blood. 

The man falls over next to you. You then see a tall man about your age from the looks of it. With brown hair and blue eyes. He grabs your hand and pulls you up your feet. He then picks up your crown and hands it to you.

"Thank you, ". You say not only for picking up your crown but for saving your life " I really thought I had him too..." I laugh

"Your welcome, by the way, I'm Laurence, "

"I'm (Y/N) lord of Blue Dimond Villa-" you look behind Laurence to see not only Mark but Chad in a pool of blood. You were too distracted by this guy! 

"no,no,no,no,no,no!!" You run over to them crying your eyes out. They aren't breathing and they don't have a pulse. You hold their hands and screaming and crying.

"May Irene be with you now..." You say softly you then realize that Laurence is still there. You stand up and try to catch your breath and wipe your tears. Ever since you became lord you could show no emotions. You always had to keep a bright smile on your face for your people.

"Ahem, Sorry." You bend over and close their eyes and cover them with one of the blankets that were in your tent. You couldn't bear to keep seeing them like this.

"There is nothing to be sorry about," He says After a moment he suddenly says "That dress, that's one of Cadenza's dresses!"He says

 "Y-you know her?" You ask still unable to catch your breath from the crying.

"Yes, I'm her brother," He says

"Wait, you're that Laurence?" You ask "Cadenza talks about the world of you. But aren't you a guard why are you out here? And not with the person you are supposed to be protecting?"

"Yes, that's correct I am a guard, and the guard of the former lord of Phoenix drop, Aphmau. She is currently with Cadenza in New Metelli... She says she doesn't need protecting so I went on a long walk in the woods and came across you guys."

 "Wait for Pheonix Drop? I was just in a meeting with Lord Levin about Trade.." You say 

"Really... Well, we haven't been there in a while. We have been trying to find more people to join our Alliance..."

"That's smart, especially with Tula driving with power," You say

"Exactly, " he says "I have a question though where is Blue Diamond Village located anyway?". 

" uhm. It's a few hours away from Scaleswind, its a small village but a wonderful one, ". You look back at your guards and feel your heartache. All three of you were raised there.

"let's get them to Metelli..."

________________________________________________________________________________

Word count:  1111