Part 12

"But Y/N, something bad happened..."

"What?"

"Its the village..."

_____________________________________________________________________________

You feel your heart sink when you hear those words. They puncture your skin.

"What? What happened to the village?" Your words are loud, louder than you wanted them to be.

"They're back," he says. You don't have to hear anymore and you know exactly what he's talking about... Shadow Souls.

You look to Laurence and he has a concerned look. You take his hands and pull him off to the gates. Where you see Alexis, Malachi, and Levin all waiting. As you make your way to them their eyes grow to a worried look. "I'm sorry but I need to leave, thank you so much for everything." You say to Levin.

"No problem, get home safe." He says as he glances down to my hands "I see you'll be taking Laurence with you?" You look down to your hands and see that Laurence has wrapped his hands around yours. Without letting go you look back up to Levin and nod.

"Let me know if you ever need help," You smile running out the gates and off into the forest as you go as fast as you can to the village.

.

.

.

(Time skip brought to you by the table)

You make it to the gates and see the village is overrun with Shadow Souls. You hear screams of terror. Without thinking you reach for your sword and you realize its no longer there. You look to Laurence and he nods. "Here," He says passing you his sword.

You feel a sharp tap on your shoulder and you swiftly turn around to see him. You see the familiar red bandana and a black jacket. He smiles at you, " Back to help the village again, eh?" You smile. He nods as you all run into the village. Swinging at every Shadow Soul that gets in your way. And in no time most of them are already gone. After all of them are gone you go to check on everyone in the village. You hear a scream and you turn towards your house. And when you make it there you see someone laying on the ground in a pool of blood. You rush to their side and when you get closer your eyes to fill up with tears.

"Michael," He is no longer breathing and he is still. "Laurence!" You yell for him. Your voice is shaky. "Laurence!" You yell again.

You see him come around the corner and his eyes widen at the sight of Michael. "Oh my Irene," He runs to you, giving you a look you know all too well. There's no point. "Laurence we have to do something,"

He shakes his head. "He's gone Y/N"

"Maybe we can get him to Aphmau. She can help right?" You say through tears. you haven't cried this much in a while.

"Aphmau is gone. She went on a trip a while back and hasn't returned. By the time we find her... It will have been too late." You look back at Michael. He's gone. You won't hear his voice again, you won't ever see his smile. He just disappeared in an instant.

You collapse into Laurence's arms and break down crying. Tears are coming so fast that it blurs your vision. You feel Laurence wrap his arms around you. Who knows how long you two stay there.

.

.

.

Its been almost a week since Michael died. You haven't left your house in a week. You know that's selfish for a Lord and after what happened with the Shadow Souls. You should be keeping a happy face on for your people. But you cant. No matter how hard you try you cant. Laurence has gone back to Pheonix Drop. He's been here with you instead. You also haven't talked with him about how you both confessed on Pheonix Drop. But you both know that the least of your matters.

You jump hearing a knock on the door. "Come in," You say weakly. The door opens and you see Laurence there. He has a comforting look on his face. He smiles at you. "How have you been?" He asks closing the door behind him. He walks closer to you and sits with you on the floor against the wall. You pull your knees up to your chest and lean your head on his shoulder.

"A little better," And you have been feeling a little bit better. Him being gone was a huge change and you're never going to get used to it, but you're beginning to accept it. He turns toward you and holds your chin.

"Have you gotten any sleep?" He asks worriedly.

"No," You say flatly

He sighs. As he lets go of your chin you begin to lay back down on his shoulder. "When you planning on going back to Pheonix Drop?" You ask without looking up at him. Instead, your eyes are fixed on the front door. You can't stop thinking that Michael will suddenly walk through the door.

"I don't know. Soon probably." He says. You don't want him to leave but he has to help back at the village.

"Is it selfish that I don't want you to leave?" You ask

"No, it's me. Who wouldn't be sad?" For the first time in a while, you laugh.

"Do you miss her?"

"Who?" He asks

"Aphmau..."

"Yeah, but I'm going to miss you more than I miss her."

"Laurence..." You begin "This is really selfish, but, I went to step down as Lord..."

He sits up "What?" He looks shocked "Why?"

"I don't know..." You say. By the tone of his voice, you can tell he's disappointed. "I just don't think I'm right for it. I think someone better would be better for the job. And I don't think I can stand to live here any longer. I look around even this house and I see him."

"Y/N... Where would you go?"

"I already talked with Levin and he said I could join as a guard there..."

A little bit of excitement grows in his eyes. "You're going to Pheonix Drop?"

__________________________________________________________________

A/N: YAY!!! See you next time AND THANKYOU SO MUCH FOR 200 HUNDRED READS! IT MEANS SO MUCH TO ME!