Part 24

You lay there, hours had past but you still couldn't sleep. Even with Laurence's paced, calming breathing, and his arms wrapped around you like a child you couldn't sleep. These were things that could put you to sleep for the past two weeks. But unfortunately, that wasn't the case tonight.

You slowly slip out of bed and slip on a shirt. The moon from the dark night sky filling the room. You could hear Laurence making noises in his sleep, now that the heater next to him was gone. You walked out of the room and quietly closed the door behind you, making sure you didn't wake anyone in the process. "Hey Y/N," You jump, causing the door to slam shut.

"Oh my God Nicole, you scared me to death!" You whisper-screamed.

"So you and Laurence huh?" she wiggles her eyebrows in a jokingly way.

"Nicole this isn't the time'" You said looking at her. Looking down at your bare legs. Remembering you only had a shirt and underwear on.

"It is the time, you'll be gone after you find your mom. You are my best friend lets catch up. Balcony?" You couldn't deny that Nicole was and is your best friend. You give her a kind look.

"Okay," You grin and walk to her balcony. The lights in the town were out, or at least most of them were. She had gotten you warm tea, and you held your hands around the warm cup, every few minutes taking a sip.

You told her everything, right from the start. How you met Laurence, how you almost lost one of your guards. About Michael, about the Nether. About falling in love with a man you could never get. How you and he had gotten into a large argument. And about Sasha. It wasn't until now that you had realized how much has gone down since you met Laurence. And not until now have you truly taken in the fact that you were, in fact, a Shadow Knight.

You broke down, falling into her grasp. She held you as tears spilled from your eyes. She made soothing noises as your whole body shook. You didn't know how late you stayed up that night, but you fell asleep in her arms.

Your body, you could see it. You could see all of the horrible things you did. All of the things you were doing. Blood was everywhere, and a village worth of people had lie on the ground. you just killed and killed without even thinking. Without giving it a second glance. And then you saw him, Laurence. In a pool of his own blood.

You had that sort of dream often. Of either you becoming a full shadow knight or wither you losing Laurence. You looked around, you were now in Nicole's bed and she lay next to you. Of course, she was able to bring you in here. The sun had now risen and you got up an out of bed. You felt better after crying. So much shit had happened since you met Laurence. So much followed him and his friends, yet you couldn't think about ever leaving.

You opened the door and returned to Laurence, who still lay sprawled out on the bed. I guess at least someone got a good night's sleep last night. You shake him lightly awake. He looks at you, obviously confused. "Where'd you go last night?" He asked tiredly

"I was talking with Nicole, and accidentally fell asleep."

He sits up straight in the bed, trying his best to look awake. "is everything okay?" He asked a worried look plastered on his face

"Yeah just a lot on my mind, ya know?" He nods and then takes your hand.

"Just know you can talk to me whenever you need." He smiles "I love you," You kiss his lips gently

"I love you too," You say

"My god your kisses are like heaven..." He grins.

You laugh, and almost completely forgot about your mom. You had no idea where to start honestly. There was so much of Scaleswind to look through. She could be anywhere.

"Let's go, get dressed! We have to go!" You put on pants and pull your hair back. Not really having the patience to brush through it at the moment. He hurriedly puts on clothes as well and then you both head out the door. Aphmau is standing there at her own door, ready to leave.

"Why are we standing here let's go!" a part of you was excited, you had a lot of hope that she was here. You could feel it.

Laurence and Aphmau exchange a funny glance. Both of them smiling at your excitement.

You walk around the town asking everyone you can questions. None of them had any answers Except for one.

"Have you ever heard of an Esmera

Y/L/N?" You asked the old blacksmith. He twirled his short beard with his fingers.

"I haven't heard of an Esmera Y/L/N but I have heard of an Esmera Kate," he says. Your eyes light up.

"Do you know where she lives?" You ask eagerly

"Yeah, straight up the road, then make a left,"

"Thank you! thank you!" you yell as you sprint down the road. Your feet hit the brick road hard. And as you make it further and further the roads and houses become more beat up.

Your heart races, and you can hear it beating in your ears. A huge grin is shown on your face after so long you get to see her. After all of this time, you actually tracked her down. After all of these years of your father lying to you, you got to her. Something he thought you never would achieve. You hear your name being called from the distance, it's Laurence and Aphmau yelling for you to wait. You slow your step and wait for them to catch up. "God, you can run, " Aphmau says panting, you look at them and start running again, this time they're able to stay next to you.

You make it to a lone house, you quickly run up the steps and then knocked on the door. It opens and then you see her.

And your heart breaks.

______________________________________

Word Count: 1050

Make sure to vote and Comment! Love you all Byyyyeeeee!