Chapter 1

Hi, guys! This is something new I'm working on. I love the show Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir. I've watched all the episodes, so I basically know everything. I really hope you enjoy this story because it's a little different than what I'm used to. This story is going to be in the first person, Marinette's POV. Just wanted to let you know in case you were confused! 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was the first day back at school. Starting 9th grade will be stressful, but at least I'll get to see Alya, Nino, and...Adrien. Just the thought of him makes me sigh. I walked up to the building, greeted by hugs from Alya. "Girl!" she said, "I haven't seen you all summer! Why didn't we hang out at all?"

"Sorry, Alya. I had to help my parents with the bakery." 

"Okay, fine. I'll let it slide this time. But next time, we have to hang out at least once."

"Okay."

I looked at her. She wore the same thing as last year; blue jeans, white and black sneakers, and an orange, white, and blue plaid shirt. The only thing missing was her glasses. "Where are your glasses?" I asked, slightly confused. She grinned. "Over the summer, my mom let me get contacts. I mean, you would've known that if we hung out." Alya teased. "I'm sorry." I replied.  "Just kidding, Marinette!" she laughed.

Suddenly, we heard an all too familiar voice from behind us. "Hey, dudettes! What's up?" Nino had just arrived. We turned around, smiling. "Nino!" we shouted at the same time, and went up to hug him. "Did I miss anything?" he asked. We shook our heads. 

Right after that, we heard the most beautiful, dreamiest voice you could ever hear. Right away I knew it was Adrien. I smiled dreamily. Alya must've seen my foolish smile because she nudged me muttering, "Go talk to him." I snapped out of my trance. "What? Are you out of your mind!?" I shouted, a little too loud. Alya nodded. So did Nino.

Before I could say anything else, Adrien put his hand on my shoulder. "Hi, guys. Longtime no see." he said. I turned around. "Ih, Driena! I mean Adrienette! I mean-" I was cut off by Nino. "Hi, dude." Phew! I was saved.

We walked into class together. I was heading to my original seat last year, but Alya and Nino had other plans. "Marinette, don't take this personally, but, since it's a new year I thought I'd sit next to Alya." he said. I realized there was an empty seat next to Adrien.

I was about to take it when Chloe pushed me aside and took the seat. "Hi, Adrikins!" she said, hugging him and kissing him on his cheek. She was wearing the same thing as last year, too.

As I looked around the room, I realized everyone was wearing the same outfits as last year. Sabrina with her plaid sweater vest, turquoise skirt, and black leggings. Mylene with her blue shirt, dark green sweater. Alix with her black and yellow shirt, showing off her pinkish-red hair. Kim wearing his red sweatshirt and black pants. Max wearing a lime-green shirt with suspenders, also wearing grey pants. Juleka wearing her black and purple dress. Rose wearing a pink dress. Even Nathaniel and Ivan were wearing the same thing as last year.

I rolled my eyes at Chloe and saw that the only seat open was next to Sabrina. I sighed. This was going to be a long year. As soon as I sat down, Sabrina opened her mouth. Now, I kinda like Sabrina. I know she's not responsible for what she's said to me. It was Chloe. "I'm sorry for everything last year. This year I have no friends. Chloe got mad at me and now she's ignoring me. I don't know what to do." she rambled. I nodded. I was also sorry about something I did to her.

"Sabrina, about last year when we were grouped together, I really wanted to help you. I promise. But I had to go on a date with a villain. It's a long story."

Finally, Ms. Bustier walked in. "Hello, class. My, my, how much you've grown over the summer." she said, looking around the room at us. I had a feeling that maybe this wasn't gonna be so bad.

Little did I know.