Chapter 12

Hey guys! Before we get started, I just wanted to say that you guys should really follow a good friend of mine. Her name is SuperEmily03. She's working on a story called "Freedom". It's a really good story. I am also writing another chapter for you today bc I didn't update in like three days. I hope you are enjoying my story and I hope you enjoy this chapter! Also, please let me know what kind of stories you want me to write next! Much love!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alya must've noticed I was gone because I could hear her coming to the bathroom. She walked in. I looked at her and said, "Alya, come over here! Quickly!" She quickly walked over to my left side and stared at what I was pointing at. "What is it?" he asked. I looked back at the mirror to find that Messenger was gone. "I-I could've swore Messenger was staring back at me in the mirror." I said, confused. 

Alya rolled her eyes. "Why did you leave, girl?" she asked, changing the subject. "I don't know. Nathaniel stood me up. Luka couldn't make it. I'm just not having the best luck right now. I'm really stressed and my crush loves someone else. I feel alone. I'm overwhelmed with all my responsibilities." I said, tears starting to form in my eyes.

Alya hugged me. "Maybe this wasn't the best idea." she said. I hugged back and nodded. We stayed like that for a couple minutes. I was trying to control my breathing, and Alya stroked her fingers through my hair. "Maybe we should all go home." she said. I nodded again. We pulled away. I cleaned myself up and we walked out of the bathroom. 

We were walking by the ice rink when Alya shouted, "Marinette's not feeling well, guys. Let's all go home." The others skated off the rink. I looked over at Adrien and Kagami. She was telling him something and they were laughing and having fun. I felt my anger rising. I managed to contain my composure. 

We all started taking off our ice skates and put on our regular shoes. "Is she okay?" I heard Adrien mumble to Kagami. "I bet she's doing this for attention." I heard her say. I snapped. I whipped around. "Excuse me!? I'm doing this for attention!? You can't be serious! I am stressed and not feeling well and you're here saying I'm doing it all for attention!? You are unbelievable! Every time I'm sad or angry, I look into a mirror and immediately see Messenger. And if I looked into a mirror right now, I bet she'd be there, staring back at me like always, making me feel like the monster I am!" I yelled. That shut everyone up.

I turned back around. I looked back and said, "What do you guys see in her, anyway." I walked away, leaving them shocked. I walked home and laid down on my bed. "Don't worry, Marinette. Just stay calm." Tikki said, but it didn't make me feel any better. 

"Just leave me alone and go find a new Ladybug. I wasn't meant for this. And don't tell me I'm the chosen one, because I know I'm not. If I was the chosen one, I would have good luck. I would not be stressed and overwhelmed over my responsibilities. I wouldn't be angry over every little thing that Kagami does or says. I'm some Ladybug, but not the right one. So leave and never come back." I said, taking off my earrings and putting them in the box.

I was done. I wanted to be left alone. I wanted to be angry. It felt good. And somewhere deep down in the depths of my heart, I knew I wanted to be Messenger again. But I wasn't allowed to be. I have to stay calm and happy. But that's not what I want. Being angry and sad is what takes away the pain.

Just then, I heard a knock on my window. It was probably Cat Noir. I opened the window. "What do you want?" I scowled. He looked at me a little worried. "Are you okay? Lately I've noticed you've been out of it. Those messages took a toll on you, turning you into Messenger. Now that's over and I heard you are super stressed and overwhelmed. I also heard that every time you see yourself angry in the mirror, you see Messenger staring back at you. It's not true. You're not a monster." he said.

I dropped the attitude and cried into his chest. "I don't know what to do anymore." My voice was muffled. He was shushing me and stroking my hair with his fingers. "It's okay. I'm here. You're friends are here." he said. "Are they?" I mumbled so low so that he couldn't hear me. "What was that?" he asked, hearing me but not understanding what I said.

"I said, I know." I said, trying to cover it up. He smiled and cupped my chin. He tilted my head up to make me look at him. His emerald green eyes were once again so entrancing. "Marinette, I heard about what Kagami said to you. I can't believe I liked her. I'm sorry." he said, and pulled me into another hug. 

I didn't object. I liked his comfort, his warmth. His words told me that I meant something to him. I'm glad I know him. I'm glad he's my friend. And I don't regret falling for him. He understands me in a way no one else does. He may never love me in that sense, but at least we're good enough friends to the point where I can tell him anything on my mind. He doesn't deserve someone like me. I wanted to kiss him so bad, but I knew he would reject me.

At least he realized what Kagami truly was like. I'm glad he opened his eyes to see that she was a rude brat. He pulled away after a couple minutes. "You should get some rest. You look tired and overwhelmed." he said. He was about to leave when I grabbed his tail. "Wait!" I said. He turned around and had a look on his face that said 'what is it?'. "Thanks. For cheering me up." I said, giving him a thoughtful smile. He returned the smile and left. I knew I wasn't gonna be able to get over him. He's just too amazing.