Chapter 16

Today was the day. The day George Worthman came to Paris. I was excited but nervous. Little did I know I was gonna mess everything up.  Little did I know that what's about to happen, happened because of me.

I looked out the window. He was down the street! How was he already coming here!? I don't think he shut anyone down because I didn't see anyone with their heads hanging low. He was getting closer now. I was ready. I was supposed to be the last to meet him, so I went upstairs and put on something more fancy (Pic Above). I went downstairs to see the man right outside the door!

My parents were out so I had to greet him. Just my luck. I've always been so awkward meeting people. I walked to the door. "Hello, sir." I said, holding out my hand. "Where are your parents and your food?" he asked, completely ignoring my greeting. I couldn't tell him the truth, but I couldn't lie! I fI told the truth, he'll think my parents are irresponsibe for letting me stay home. But if I lie, he'll later find out anyway!

"They're out right now, sir. But they'll be back in a couple of minutes." I said, forcing a smile on my face. He sneered. "Why would they let such a child like you stay home alone?" he asked. Did he just insult me? Keep yourself contained, Marinette. "They trust me, but don't worry. They'll be home soon." I said, keeping my forced smile.

Finally, after about ten minutes, my parents came home. "Irresponsible." he said at them. He then wrote something down in a notebook. I saw my mother gulp. Man, this is important to her. I mean, it's important to all of us, of course, but my Mom's never been this nervous. "Calm down." I mouthed. She nodded.

"Well, then. Let's eat your food." George Worthman said. "Of course, Mr. Worthman." my father replied. He revealed the cake of Ladybug. "Do you have a presentation or are you too pathetic?" he asked. That was the last straw. No one talks about my family like that! "Would you excuse me?" I asked. Mr. Worthman nodded. "Yes, go, the adults need to talk, little girl." he responded.

I made my way upstairs and into my room. I shut the door and looked in the mirror. "I knew it would come back," A familiar voice said. "Are you willing to let me help?" I nodded. "Yes...Messenger." I replied.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oof! A cliffhanger! Hey guys, sorry this is so short, but I wanted to bring the tension up. I know I have't updated in like, three days, but I was very busy over the weekend. I will try to publish tomorrow! Don't forget to check out my sister's Wattpad account! SuperEmily03! She's working on a story called Freedom and I think you'll really enjoy it! Let me know if you have any suggestions for stories you want me to write next! Much love!