Chapter 9

The next day at school was nice. Everyone knew what happened and was asking me if everything was okay. There were still students who were afraid of me, but I assured them that I was not that evil person anymore, though it still felt like it was there inside of me. I don't know why, though. I'm sure it was nothing.

I walked into the classroom only to find Chloe and Sabrina sitting down. They were the only one's in the classroom. Chloe scoffed when she saw me and stood up. "You have some nerve to tell me to share my biggest secret. How dare you!?" she said, walking towards me. I didn't have the slightest idea as to what she was talking about. "What? What do you mean? When did I make you reveal your biggest secret?" I asked, confused as to what was happening.

The rest of the kids filed into the classroom, and Chloe went to sit down. Everyone for some reason was staring at Chloe. What was happening? Then all of a sudden, Alix started chanting, "Jealous! Jealous!" Then everyone started to join in. Chloe turned red in embarrassment and sunk into her seat. Adrien, Alya, Nino and I were the only ones not chanting. 

"What's going on?" I asked Alya. "Girl, you seriously don't know? You were the one to cause this in the first place." she responded. I looked at her confused. "Oh, right. You were akumatized. You don't remember anything that happened. Messenger did this." Alya said, noticing my confusion.

"Well, what did I say to her?" I asked, wanting to know. "Well," Nino started. "You kinda made her send a message to Paris about what she was doing to you and then you told her to reveal her deepest secret. Her secret was that she was only mean to you because she's jealous of how awesome you are." I stared in shock at what he just said. "She's jealous? Of me? But why? I'm always such a huge burden. That's what Chloe said. She said you guys never wanted me around." I said, confused as to why she was jealous of me. 

Alya, Nino, and Adrien gave me a group hug. I blushed when Adrien came to hug me. "Girl, you could never be a burden to us. You're the best thing that happened to me. You took me in on my first day of school." Alya said. "Same here." Adrien smiled. "Well, I already knew you, but we got to be closer, better friends." Nino stated. I smiled. I knew Chloe was lying. I knew they cared about me. Maybe Chloe was just jealous and wanted to make me feel not special because of her jealousy. I mean, if she wasn't so mean, I bet we could've been great friends. She needs to learn to not be so insecure. I'm not.

I walked up to Chloe. "You know, you don't have to be jealous of me. I'm sure we could get along just fine." I said, and walked back to my seat. I could see a faint smile from Chloe and even a small smile from Sabrina. I don't mind her being around, either. She seems like a lot of fun.

After the day was over, I headed home. When I got to my room, I heard a slight tapping on my balcony window. I was a little scared as to who would be there and how they got there in the first place. I opened the window to find Cat Noir standing on my balcony. 

"Hey." he greeted. "Hi," I said. "What are you doing here?" He smiled. "I just wanted to make sure you're okay. You were a strong akuma. You must've had a lot of hate to still be a villain even after we broke the object." he said. I blushed. "Sorry. I know I can get a little...emotional. Especially when Chloe Bourgeois makes me think I'm worth nothing to my friends." I said.

He came over and hugged me. "You are worth everything to your friends. I would know. You've made my life so much better since I met you. You were there for me when Ladybug would reject me. Maybe I should move on." he said. I nodded. "Don't change your technique. Change your target. I'm sure you'll find someone who thinks your puns are pawsome. I find them funny." I said, hinting that I was one of those girls. 

All of a sudden, his eyes lit up. "That's it! I know who'll appreciate me the way Ladybug never did!" he said, excited. I blushed. "Oh? Who?" I asked. I was thinking he was gonna say my name. "Kagami might like them." he said. I was heartbroken. Of course he would choose Kagami. She's pretty, smart, and really talented. Especially when it came to fencing, ice skating, archery. I wish I was as cool as her. But no. Everyone loves her. 

"Marinette?" I heard someone say. I snapped back into reality. "Yes?" I asked. "Are you okay? Your expression was pretty sad. Is everything okay?" he asked. I nodded. "Everything's fine. Just wondering if I'll ever find my true love. I've always had a crush on this boy, but he never notices me. I think it's time I should switch targets." I said, putting on a fake smile. I wanted to change targets, alright. But I wanted to change my target to Cat Noir. But he loves Kagami. I wonder what I'll do.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry I published this so late at night. I was at a bowling alley for my sister's b-day party. Her b-day is actually on the 14th. So if you're asleep and this woke you up, sorry. But hey! At least you got an update, right? Let me know what you want me to write next! Much love!