Chapter 3

Later that day, I had patrolled, like I said I would. I was right! There was an akumatized villain! Her name was Thorn.

"My crush didn't accept my rose, but now everyone will accept my roses! Everyone pricked by the thorns will become my followers, and we will take over all of Paris!" she said. I was ready to take her down!

Just as I was about to make my move, Cat Noir jumped in. "Nice to see you, Kitty." I greeted him. "I guess we better stop this CATastrophe!" Cat Noir said, annoying me as usual. I shook my head and we got right to work. 

I jumped around one way, and Cat Noir jumped around the other. Fighting on the Eiffel Tower is especially hard because the risk of falling. And although we can save ourselves, we'd still rather not take that risk.

Cat Noir was about to grab the rose attached to her hat, but was pricked by its thorn. His lips turned purple, and he was acting a little weird. "Cat Noir!" I yelled, hoping to snap him back. Of course it didn't work. It never does. I'm gonna have to defeat this akuma by myself.

After the fight (Because I'm too lazy)

I headed home after saving Paris. Another ping! from my phone. It was probably Chloe. She's been sending me lots of messages. They're mean ones, of course. This one said: Marinette, you should really just give up on Alya, Adrien, and Nino. It's not like you're worth anything to them, anyway.

I gritted my teeth. The nerve of this girl! I was so angry I clenched my fist and punched the wall in an alleyway. "Calm down." I said, talking to myself. I headed back home. Maybe she was right. Maybe I didn't mean anything to them. I mean, Adrien never notices me, Alya's always off with her Ladyblog, and Nino and I never hang out much, anyway. No. There's no way that can be true.

I ran up to my room, sat at my desk and sewed to take my mind off of it. It was pretty relaxing. After about an hour or so, I forgot all about the situation. I stopped sewing, and did my homework instead. When is there ever a situation where I have to multiply and divide fractions? Like, never!

After finishing my homework, I went downstairs to have a snack. I heard a knock at the door. I went and looked through the peephole. It was Alya. I hesitated opening the door, my hand slightly shaking. What if Chloe was right? What if I open the door and Alya yells, "You're nothing to anyone here!" to me? I would be heartbroken.

I couldn't do it. I couldn't risk it. "Marinette! I know you're in there! Come on out." Alya said through the door. At this point my heart was pounding. What should I do? Should I open the door? Should I make an excuse? I made up my mind.

"Sorry, Alya. I'm not feeling the best today." I said through the door, adding coughing to make it sound real. "Oh. Well, if you feel better tomorrow, meet me at the park. I want to tell you something!" she said, and  she turned around and left.

As I heard the last of her footsteps fade away, I breathed a sigh of relief. Ping! Another message from Chloe. How many times today? It said: Marinette, you should really just go away. Nobody wants you here. Everyone hates you. Move to another country if that's what it takes.

It hurt. Really bad. I was angry. I ran upstairs. I knew she was right. Otherwise, why would my friends be nowhere near when I wanted to hang out? I closed the door behind me and put the chaise over it. I yelled. I didn't say anything specifically, just made noise.

After I was done, I calmed down. But I knew it wasn't over yet.