Chapter 20

I was walking to school when suddenly Cat Noir jumped in front of me. "Hey, there, Princess. Whatcha doing?" he asked. "I'm just heading to- actually, can I tell you something?" I said, realizing that this was my opportunity to tell him her feelings. "Yeah, I guess." he replied. "Look, Cat Noir, I have been hiding this for awhile, and I'm really afraid to tell you this, but I-" I was interupted by Alya running up to us. "Oh my God, Cat Noir!? What are you doing here!?" she shouted, grabbing the attention of many others who followed. My chance was ruined.

"I'll tell you later, okay?" I told him. He nodded. "I'll visit you tonight." I heard him say before he was swarmed by the fans. I chuckled and walked away. I can't believe I almost got to tell him and then this happened! Why do I have such bad luck?

Soon after, the bell rang and it was time for class. Everyone finally walked away from Cat Noir and he jumped away. I headed to class after finding Alya and Nino. But, where was Adrien? Surely he's around here somewhere. Then I saw him walking to class. "Oh, hey, Adrien." I said. He smiled in return. We went to our seats.

(Time skip brought to you by maricat)

After school was over I headed home, not waiting to see if Cat Noir was anywhere. My chance was already ruined so what was the point? I was walking when all of a sudden, it started raining. "Are you kidding me?" I mumbled. I looked up at the clouds. They described my mood. I sighed. I went over to the nearest building and knocked on the door.

I realized it was Adrien's house and thought He's not home yet. His father is probably too busy so I might as well- "Yes?" a voice asked me. I realized that there was a camera directed at me and I realized that the voice was Nathalie's.

"Um, hi. Sorry to bother you. I know Adrien's not home and I didn't realize it was your house but it's raining. I was wondering if I could stay somewhere until it blows over, but I understand you're busy, so I'll go somewhere else. Sorry to bother you." I smiled and waved. "Have a nice day, Marinette." she said back to me. I could tell she was smiling. "That's the nicest anyone's ever been to me in years. I'll see if you can stay." she said. "Thank you." I replied.

A couple minutes later, Adrien walked up to me. "Marinette? What are you doing here?" he asked. The rain got louder as it slapped against the pavement of the sidewalk. "It's raining and I had nowhere else to go since my house is still a 10 minute walk from here. I stopped to ask if I could stay somewhere and I didn't realize it was your house at first. Nathalie said she'd try to convince your dad to let me stay." I told him. He smiled. "Cool." he said.

(Another time skip brought to you by Plagg)

After I stayed there for a couple hours, I realized something. I'll visit you tonight. Cat Noir had told me. I jumped up. "Well, it looks like the rain stopped. I should get home now. I have to help my parents in the bakery." It was 7:00 PM. The bakery is closed. I'm such an idiot. 

Adrien must've read my mind because he said, "I thought you close at 6:00." I tried desperately to think of something to say. "Yeah, but my parents like to get and head start so we're preparing for tomorrow." I said. (Smooth) He nodded. He fell for it! What a relief! I got up and headed home.

As I was leaving I heard Adrien jump up and start shouting about having to go somewhere. Oh well. We're all busy sometimes. I was walking by when I realized that Cat Noir was on the rooftops, probably heading to my house. I was only a couple minutes away, so I should get there before him.

I finally reached my house and just as I got into my room, I heard a tapping on the window.  I chuckled and went over to it. I opened it. "Hey, Kitty." I said. "Hey, Princess." he said. I tried not to blush. I loved it when he called me Princess! "So," he said, taking me out of my daze, "What'd you want to tell me?"

I took a deep breath. I can't believe I was actually doing this right now. "I..."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, there! I'm not dead! I promise! And I'm sorry I left you on a cliffhanger! I recently painted my room and I'm still trying to get everything back in order. I will try to upload more, I promise! Also, I am proud to announce that this story has gotten 2.6k reads! What!? I'm so happy! Thank you so much! Be sure to check out SuperEmily03! Much love!