Chapter 13

The next day was pretty normal. Alya and Nino seemed to be normal. Adrien no longer liked Kagami, which didn't surprise me at all considering her talking behind my back right in front of him. Everyone seemed to be happy and their normal selves.

I walked up to Chloe and Sabrina. "Hey." I said. Chloe rolled her eyes. "What do you want, Marinette?" she asked, clearly sounding annoyed. "Don't deny it. I know you secretly like me." I said, teasing her and pushing her to tell the truth. "I don't know where you got that from, but no. I never liked you, never will." she responded. Everything really was normal.

I smiled and walked away, leaving behind a confused and annoyed Chloe. I walked up to Juleka. "Hey! Glad to see you feeling better." I greeted. She looked at me and smiled. "It's good to be back. Thanks for walking me to school that one day." she said. "No problem. We're friends, right?" I said. She nodded. Juleka walked away to go talk to Rose.

I went over to Adrien. "Hey." I said. "Hey, are you okay? After what happened with Kagami, I was worried that-" he started but I interrupted. "It's fine. I'm okay." I said, waving off his worries. He smiled. "I'm glad you're back to normal." he said. 

We walked over to Alya and Nino. "Marinette! Are you okay!?" Alya asked, sounding worried. I nodded. "That's good, Dudette." Nino said. I smiled. I was glad everything was back to normal. I didn't want anything to change. The only thing that changed was Messenger still being a part of me. I knew I could stop it. Whether I was Marinette or...Ladybug. The earrings!

"Guys. I will be right back." I said. "Why?" Alya asked. "I left my homework at home!" I lied. I ran home and grabbed the box. I opened it up and put the earrings on. Tikki appeared right in front of me. I hugged her. "Tikki!" I said, happy to see my best friend. "Marinette! I'm so glad you changed your mind." She said. I let her into my purse with a couple of cookies. We walked back to school.

"I have it now." I said. "Took you long enough," Alya said. "You were gone for ten minutes." Was I really gone for that long? "Sorry." I said. "It's okay. Class doesn't start for another five minutes." Nino replied. At least I didn't make everyone else late. I smiled. I have such great friends.

After about five minutes, the bell rang. We all walked into class. I saw Chloe and Sabrina already in the classroom. They seemed to be chatting about something. When I walked in, they stopped. I just rolled my eyes and smiled. Probably talking about how she wants to be my friend.

I honestly don't know why she hates me. I never did anything to her. One day, in fourth grade, she just walked up to me and said, "I hate you, Marinette Dupain-Cheng." I was very confused. We used to be the best of friends. Then ever since that day, she's hated me. I don't mind it. I've actually gotten used to it. I just hope she opens up one day and tells me she wants to be friends. I'd be down for that.

Finally, Ms. Mendeleiev walked into the classroom and started Science class. She must've been in such a good mood today. We talked about chemicals and she even let some students volunteer in experiments. Then she told us we didn't have any homework. I was happy. 

The bell rang after about 42 minutes. I decided to use the bathroom. I walked into the bathroom and looked into the mirror. Messenger was there. But why? I was feeling pretty good. "Hello, there." she said. I gave her a confused look. "What, you don't want me here? Remember when you thought this was the only way to feel happy?" she asked. I shot her a glare. "Stop that." I said, annoyed that she kept coming back. Get a hint! 

She smirked. "Stop what?" she asked, obviously teasing me. "Stop coming back. Why are even here? I feel fine." I said. "Because I'm gaining more control over you. Even if you're fine I can come back whenever I want to." she said, still smirking. "No way. I'm still in control of you." I said. She rolled her eyes. "Oh, come on. You don't still believe that, do you?" she asked. I nodded. "Yes, I do." I said, confidently. 

She laughed. "I can make you angry anytime I want to, y'know." she said. "No. You're just another one of my emotions. I control my emotions." I said, a bit more unsure. She snapped her fingers, and just like that, I felt angry. No way. She can't be serious. This is not happening.

I looked at my phone and realized I was fifteen minutes late for class! I ran out of the bathroom and to Ms. Bustier's classroom. "Marinette, why are you late? This is the third time this week." Ms. Bustier said. "Sorry. I was using the bathroom and I locked myself in." I said, sitting down. I mentally slapped myself for giving such a dumb excuse.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, my loves! I know I haven't updated yesterday, but most of you know that it was Thanksgiving! I was spending time with my family and today, I spent the most time out of the house and away from my computer. I'm sorry I had to keep you waiting. I will try to update again tomorrow. I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Please suggest stories you would like me to write next! Much love!