Chapter 11

Friday finally came. I couldn't sleep at all for these past few nights because of what happened in the bathroom with Messenger. I got up to get ready and looked in the mirror. I gasped at what saw. I looked in the mirror and saw Messenger staring back at me! I quickly rubbed my eyes and looked into the mirror again. Messenger was gone and it was me again.

What is happening? Why now is she all of a sudden deciding to take control? I can't let her. I need to control myself. Whatever was happening to me needed to be stopped. I have to do something.

But I had to put that aside. It was time to get ready for school. I did my usual routine and went downstairs. I skipped breakfast, not feeling like eating today. I just had an uneasy feeling today, like something bad was gonna happen. I'm sure it's nothing.

I got to school. The day started. It seemed like the longest day ever. I was just waiting for the day to finally be over. I just wanted to get up and leave class right now. Finally, the dismissal bell rang. I was the first out of the classroom.

I went home, and got ready to go ice skating. Luka called me. "Hey. Sorry, Marinette but I can't make it today. Juleka is sick and my mom's at work. She's needs me to take care of her." he said. "No problem. I was wondering why she wasn't in school today." I replied. "Bye." he said, and hung up.

Great. Now I was gonna be the fifth wheel. The only one alone. Alya and Nino were together. Adrien and...Kagami. And then it's just me. Well, maybe another time. Or I could just say something's up. It's not like I need to be there anymore, anyway. 

I still decided to go. I want to see how things are going between Adrien and her. Her name shall not be revealed. I don't want to have any chemistry between these two. I mean, I'm over Adrien now, but I don't want Kagami to start dating him and then take him away from us. I'd rather have Adrien date Chloe or something. 

Speaking of dating, I still need to find a way to make Cat Noir jealous. I still need Luka. If he doesn't work, I can move on to, maybe, Nathaniel? I mean, now that I know he's not crushing on me anymore, I think he'll be okay with it. As long as I tell him my plan. I'll let him know later to day. Oh, I know! I'll ask him to come to the rink with me.

I sent him a text. It said: Hey, can you come with me to the ice rink? Also I have a plan. I want to make someone jealous, and since you only like me as a friend, would you like to pretend to be my boyfriend? He replied with: Sure, why not? This will be a fun experience. But what if we have to kiss or something? I thought about what he sent and said: We can kiss on the cheek. He replied: Okay.

I smiled as my plan continued to work. I was going to meet him at the ice rink at 5:00. I wonder how it will go. Hopefully I won't ruin it by falling on him or anything. It's time to go meet him.

I was the last one to get to the ice rink. My thoughts at home were distracting me and apparently time went faster. I got there and everyone else was already inside, putting their skates on. I quickly went to get skates and sat down to tie them.

Adrien scooted over to me. "This was an awesome idea, Marinette. But where is Luka?" he asked. I smiled weakly at him. "He had to cancel to take care of Juleka. She's sick. That's why she wasn't in school today." I replied. He nodded. "Is that why you brought Nathaniel instead?" he asked. I nodded.

We got up and went to our partners. Alya and Nino were already skating,and I didn't see Nathaniel in sight. I guess I wasn't the last one here. I looked over and saw Adrien with Kagami. I stuck a finger in my mouth and gagged. The thought of seeing them together really bothered me, even if I don't like Adrien anymore. 

I was waiting for another 10 minutes, hoping Nathaniel hadn't stood me up. Everyone else was already skating. They looked like they were having so much fun. Why do I have to be stuck with such bad luck? I went to the bathroom. The others were probably having too much fun to notice that I left.

I locked myself into a stall. I put my head in my knees and shouted. "Why!?" was all I said. Then I was silent. I felt alone even though I knew I wasn't. I was super upset. Everyone seems to like Kagami. Cat Noir, Adrien, even Alya and Nino seem to like her. She's taking everyone away from me.

No. I must stay happy. Remember what Master Fu said. "Stay happy. Stay happy. Stay happy. Stay happy." I whispered over and over again.

I finally came out of the stall, still feeling upset, but a little calmer. I looked into the mirror. Guess who was there, staring back at me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey there! I know I haven't updated in like, three days. Sorry. I've been busy reading other stories. (Specifically Varian x Reader stories.) Like I said, I will try to update every day to every other day. I really hope you are enjoying this book and please give me suggestions on what to write next! Much love!