Chapter 15

I woke up the next morning to my mom and dad rushing to do something. I woke up and got ready. I was supposed to meet my friends in an hour. I headed downstairs to see my parents rushing to get a huge cake done.

"Is everything okay?" I asked. They ignored me and kept working. Maybe they didn't hear me, so I tried it again, but louder. "Is everything okay?" I asked, raising my voice. My mom looked over at me. "Hi, Marinette. Your father and I are just trying to get this cake done. There's a huge food critic coming to Paris tomorrow and is going out to all the restarants and bakerys to try the food. I f he doesn't like our food, he'll shut us down!" she replied. That was a problem.

Being shut down is like losing a part of me. I grew up in this bakery. To not have it is heartbreaking. But I had to meet my friends in like an hour. 

"Mom," I started. "I'm going to meet my friends at the park. We're going for ice cream." She turned to look at me with an apologetic look on her face. "Sorry, Hun, but we need you here to help us. We need to have the cake done by tomorrow!" she said. I was about to argue, but realized it wasn't worth it.

I went to get some cleaning supplies to wipe off the counters. After that was done, I washed my hands and got ready to help them decorate the cake. It was gonna take a while. It almost reached the ceiling. The cake looked a lot like..."Ladybug?" I asked. They nodded. "We want him to know that we have heroes in our city we can count on." my father said. I nodded. 

I went over to my phone and sent Alya a quick message. It said: Hey, I can't make it to the park today. I have to help with the bakery. There's some food critic coming tomorrow and we have to have the cake done by then. I really wished I could've been hanging out at the park, but spending time with my family is fun, too. Especially when we're baking. I have to get better at it to take over someday. Well, if it doesn't get shut down by the food critic.

"Hey, Mom? What's the food critic's name?" I asked. "His name is George Worthman." my mother replied. I've heard of him. I shuddered. He's the meanest critic in the world! There's no way he'd come to Paris of all places!

"But if we want him to know about our heroes, shouldn't we include Cat Noir? He's a great superhero. Without him, Ladybug is nothing." I said, blushing at the thought of Cat Noir.My mother looked at me. "Oh no! I forgot about him! There's no time now, though. We have to get this done by tomorrow!" she responded. I grumbled. How could anyone forget Cat Noir? He's so nice and kind and sweet and charming.

I could ramble all day about him, but we had a cake to finish.

After cake is done (Because I'm lazy)

I sighed in relief after we finished the cake. We had worked on it for 5 hours straight! I wanted to meet my friends because apparently they were gonna be out till 7:00, but man was I exhausted! I headed upstairs and sent Alya another text. It said: Hey, I don't think I'mcoming out at all today. I'm very exhausted and have been working on the cake for hours! I'm gonna go to sleep and we can hang out again tomorrow. I sighed. I really wanted to hang out, but with all that was going on, I didn't have the energy.

But then I remembered..."George Worthman is coming tomorrow! I can't hang out! Ugh!" I said, frustrated. I was about to send Alya another text, but it looks like she beat me to it. It said: But I thought that huge food critic was coming tomorrow? Listen, don't worry girl, we can still hang out on Monday! She was always so understanding. I'm glad to have the friends I have.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know, I know. "WHY ON EARTH HAVEN'T YOU BEEN UPDATING RECENTLY!?" I can explain. I've been very busy and I promise I'm not ignoring you. I love writing stories but I had a little bit of writer's block and spent some time to think about what I wanted to write to bring the tension up. Something you guys would really enjoy. Also, don't forget to follow my sister on Wattpad! SuperEmily03 is her name! She's working on a great story called Freedom and I think you guys will really enjoy it! Tell me what stories you want me to write next! Much love!