Chapter 8

All of a sudden he leaned forward and kissed me. I was shocked. I wanted to push him away, and I tried, but he was to strong. I couldn't break free. I struggled and struggled for about a good minute, until I finally gave in to struggling. I didn't kiss back, though.

After he stopped and was gasping for air, I was about to run away when he grabbed my wrist and pulled me close. "Marinette, I'm trying to help you. Let me." he whispered into my ears. He kissed me again. What was with him? He loves Ladybug. This time, though, I felt something. Something in my heart. It was the tingly feeling I was feeling before.

All of a sudden, I felt myself kissing back. I was confused as to why I liked it, but for some reason I did. I closed my eyes. I felt something happening to me. All of my hatred was going away. I could feel myself transforming back into my old clothes. I was happy and actually felt emotions again! Cat Noir had saved me. I was grateful.

We stopped and gasped for air after we were done. 'Ladybug' was just looking at us. We turned a dark shade of red. She smirked. "Okay, Lovebirds, hurry up. I have to give this back soon." she said, pointing to her earrings. I almost forgot! I need those earrings! She jumped away. Guess I'll never know who my substitute was.

I looked back at Cat Noir. "Thanks." I said. "For what?" he asked. "For everything. Saving me, Paris. I know I was a strong akuma, though I can barely remember what happened." I responded. "Did you-" he started, but I interrupted. "Yes, I remember the kiss." I replied. We both blushed and he let go of me. I looked at my phone. "9:30 PM!?  My parents are gonna kill me!" I shouted, worried. Cat Noir looked like he was thinking for a second. Then he said, "I could take you home. I would be much faster than you walking. And safer. I don't want you to get hurt. It's a dangerous time of night." I nodded.

He wrapped his arm around my waist and extended his stick. We flew up into the air. I grabbed onto his neck. I admit I was afraid because I wasn't Ladybug and didn't have her brave persona right now. He must've noticed I was afraid because he held my waist tighter and said, "You're not gonna fall, Marinette. I got you." I stopped shaking and smiled at him. He made me less scared. I liked being around him. Now I must decide. Do I like Cat Noir or Adrien? I have to choose one or the other. I can't date them both. That's not cool.

"...Nette. Marinette? Marinette!" I heard a voice say. "Oh, yes?" I asked. "We're here at your house." Cat Noir said, jumping onto my balcony. "Oh." I said, and stepped down onto the balcony. "Thanks for taking me home." I said. "Oh, no problem. We're friends. I'd do anything for a friend." he responded. I smiled. He was about to leave when I grabbed his tail. "Cat Noir?" I asked. He turned around. "Yes?" he asked. "I enjoyed the kiss." I said. He blushed, and I did the same.

He turned and left. "I can't choose Cat Noir. He already loves Ladybug. Not me." I said to myself. Ladybug! I had to get to Master Fu's right away! I peeked my head into the hallway. My parent's bedroom door was closed so they must've been asleep. I crept down the stairs to the bakery. I had to get the earrings now. I hoped he wasn't asleep yet. He probably wasn't. He can sense when I'm coming. It's like a sixth sense. It's actually quite fascinating.

I was walking down the street when a thug came up to me. "Hey, miss. What's in that satchel of yours?" he asked. I shrugged and rolled my eyes. I kept walking but me eyes widened when I realized I'm not Ladybug right now. I heard him growling. He ran up to me and grabbed my satchel. "Hey! Give that back!" I said, chasing him. I don't know why I was. There was nothing in the satchel, anyway.

I'll get him later. I stopped chasing him and headed in the direction of Master Fu's place. I knocked and opened the door. "Marinette. I have your earrings. I'm sorry you were akumatized but you mustn't let it happen again." Master Fu said as I entered. I nodded. "Yes, sir. I understand. It's just that Chloe got the best of me and my negative emotions took control of me. I can't believe I was so blind." I said, hanging my head low. "But at least you were smart enough to take them off and grab something else instead. That's the kind of hero I look for. Someone with great responsibility. Someone I know won't let Paris down. Someone strong. Someone liek you." Master Fu said, and I smiled, feeling better.

He grabbed the earrings and I put them on. "Marinette!" an all too familiar voice said. "Tikki! I'm so glad to have you back! Tell me, how did you like my substitute? Better than me?" I asked, teasing her. "Oh, Marinette. You will always be my number one. You are irreplaceable and you always will be!" Tikki responded. I was happy that she still loved me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know I uploaded twice today, but I just felt like writing so I wrote another chapter! Enjoy and don't hesitate to tell me what to write next! P.S. I'm sorry this chapter was so short. I wanted to leave it on a happy note.