Chapter 10

I have to convince him that Kagami isn't the one for him! But how? I need to get him to realize that I'm better. Or, like I said, maybe I should just change targets. Again. I mean, there is one other person in mind that maybe will work. Luka. (A/N I am not a Lukanette shipper!) I mean, I still like Cat Noir. But Luka deserves a shot.

"Well, I should get going. You need to rest." Cat Noir said. I nodded and said goodbye. After he left, I went back down into my room. I laid down in bed, trying to think of what to do about Cat Noir and Luka. Finally, I fell asleep.

The next morning, I woke up. I had an idea about what to do! I could date Luka to make Cat Noir jealous. I mean, I'm not using him or anything. I would like to date him (A/N Trust me, I'm regretting everything I have done in this chapter so far). But I wanted to be with Cat Noir more. I will probably feel bad because if Cat Noir gets jealous and wants to date me, I would have to break up with Luka. I could try that. If Plan A doesn't work, I'll have to go with Plan B. First I have to think of a Plan B.

I mean, Plan B could be to break up with Luka if Cat Noir doesn't get jealous. Then I could be a really great friend and hope he will see me in a different perspective. I just want him to be mine. Time to start. 

I got ready for school and stopped at Juleka's house for two reasons. 1. To ask Luka out on a date. 2. Since I'm there, just walk to school with Juleka. I actually had time to make a quick stop because I woke up at 7:00 this morning. 

I knocked on the door to the ship and Juleka's mother was there. "Hello, Dear! How are you on this lovely morning?" she said in her happy, always energized tone. I smiled. "I'm good." I said. She stepped aside and let me in. I thanked her for letting me in and went down to Luka's room. He was sitting on his bed.

"Hi." I said softly. He was strumming his guitar with his eyes closed as usual. He stopped strumming and looked at me with his beautiful aqua eyes. They were so pretty. I could stare at them all day. No time! "Hi, Marinette." he said in his calm, soothing voice. "I needed to ask you something before I get going." I said. I could feel my excitement bubble inside me. I wasn't sure I was ready, but no turning back now.

"Yes?" he asked. "Would...Would you like to go out this Friday?" I asked, hoping he'd say yes. He smiled. "Sure. I never get that much time to hang out with you, anyway. It'll be a fun way to get to know each other better." he said. I was relieved. My plan is working. "Cool. Let's go to the ice rink. Maybe we can invite some friends." I suggested, praying that he wasn't thinking it was gonna be just us two. "Okay, that's cool. I'd like to get to know more of Juleka's friends. It'd be cool to hang out with everyone." he said. Phew!

Juleka came into the room. "Hi, Marinette," she mumbled. "Are you ready to go?" I nodded. "Sure am. Bye, Luka!" I said, walking off the ship with Juleka. As we were walking down the street, we noticed Alya walking on the other side. We waved her over, and she happily accepted the offer. "Hey, girls. Glad to see you're not running late this morning, Marinette." she said. "Yeah." Juleka agreed. I chuckled and playfully pushed them.

When we got to school, we saw Adrien and Nino talking. We walked over to them. "Hey, guys. How's it going?" I asked. Alya, Nino, and Juleka were surprised that I wasn't stuttering. To be honest, I surprised myself a little as well. "It's good." Adrien said. I smiled. At some point in the conversation, Juleka walked away to talk to Rose. "So, what happened while I was Messenger?" I asked. Nino was the first to speak. "Well, you crashed a Jagged Stone concert. You kept typing commands into your keyboard. You made Chloe confess. You made Cat Noir join your side. You were still a villain even after the akuma was broken. Cat Noir kissed you and broke the spell. And that leads us to here with the good Marinette." he said, placing a hand on my shoulder. "Wow." was all I could respond with. 

"But don't worry. It's not like we're afraid of you. Even as a villain we knew you were still in there somewhere." Adrien said. I didn't even blush or feel flustered. I must really like Cat Noir, then. Speaking of, I need to make him jealous. "Hey, guys. Are you free this Saturday? Luka and I want to hang out. If you're free we're going to the ice rink." I said. Alya spoke first. "Sure. I'm free. I could bring Nino if he's free." she said. Nino nodded. "And what about you, Adrien?" I asked. "I mean, I could bring Kagami." he said.

What? Really? Why Kagami? I don't like her. She's stealing Cat Noir and now she's stealing my best friend. And I'm not jealous Adrien likes her. I'm jealous that Cat Noir likes her. It seems like ever since she showed up, she's all anyone ever talks about. At this point, I don't even care if Cat Noir doesn't date me. I just don't want him with her. I would rather have Adrien bring Chloe. It sounds like a surprise, but I really do see some good in her. Kagami might actually be worse than Chloe. Pure evil.

"Marinette?" I heard a voice say. I snapped back into reality. "Yes?" I asked. "I asked if it was okay to bring Kagami." Adrien said. "Oh, of course. I never get to hang out much with her, anyway." I said. I could feel my eye start to twitch. "Excuse, me. I have to use the restroom." I said, pushing past them. 

I sat down on the toilet seat. Kagami ruins everything! No, I must think positive.  can't get akumatized again. "Let it out." I heard a voice say. It had a slight echo and sounded like a whisper. Like it was coming from my head. "Who are you?" I asked. "You don't remember me? I'm Messenger, the better side of you. Let out your anger. Bring me back." she said. "Never." I said. "Yes! Let me out! I must be out!" she whisper-yelled. All of a sudden, I felt a ringing in my ears. It got louder with each minute until I couldn't take it anymore. I screamed. 

Alya ran into the bathroom. "Girl! Is everything okay!?" she shouted. I could hear running footsteps coming closer to the door, but they didn't come in. Must've been Adrien and Nino. I hyperventilated and stood up. Alya ran over to me and put an arm around my shoulder. We walked out of the bathroom. "Mari, what happened?" Adrien said, a concerned tone in his voice. I finally slowed my breath down enough to talk. "She's back, and she wants out." I said. "Who?" Nino asked. I paused before saying anything. "Messenger."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, guys! I know this is kind of taking a dark turn, but I'm running out of ideas for the story. I don't want to just end it here bc I know you guys are enjoying this and it would be unfair. Plus, I'm trying to get this story to at least 24 chapters. This story will probably get weirder and weirder. Let me know what kind of stories you want me to write next! Much love!