Chapter 86 - Chapter 90

Chapter 86: Persistence

All of them boarded Mr. Stell's car, as Kazuya didn't know where Lilica's house was, he couldn't offer to drive them home. Ven had excused himself, saying he had some matters to attend to, as he didn't want to torture himself by seeing their closeness up close.

Not long after, Lilica's phone vibrated, indicating a text message.

'Lilica! I've come to the demon realm for the first time! Ven acted a little e strange before so I had to ask for leave from my work and come search for him. Do you know where he might be?' It was a text message from Ventina. They had previously exchanged contacts in case of emergency.

'I'm not really sure... He could be anywhere, he did say that he had an appointment, even though I can tell he was just using that as an excuse. I must've hurt him so badly he doesn't want to see my face for any longer.' Lilica thought to herself.

'He might be at our usual bar, Scarlet Club. I'll send you the location.' Lilica replied Ventina's text message as she thought of places he would go to whenever he felt down.

Kazuya saw Lilica's message and started feeling jealous once again. 'You don't have to pay attention to that guy! Just leave him unhappy alone! You don't need to help him feel better. That guy deserves to feel down since he had the nerve to propose to her!' Kazuya thought possessively as he held her hand so that her attention would be on him.

Lilica felt his touch and turned her head to face him questioningly. She wondered what was wrong. She saw his sulky handsome face and knew immediately that he was feeling jealous once again.

Lilica smiled happily and moved in closer to him and gave a light peck on his cheeks and said softly, "Bear with this for now. My parents are right here, so we shouldn't flirt so openly. You don't want them to have a bad impression of you, right?"

"...Okay! I'll bear with it for now... Promise me we'll continue this at home..." Kazuya replied sweetly as he kissed her cheeks lightly.

Her parents were sitting in the front, oblivious to their flirting. They were still preoccupied with doubtful thoughts and still felt confused and unreal.

Soon, they had reached Lilica's house. It wasn't big nor was it small. It was a two storied house that looked cozy and comfortable.

Seeing the place his beloved was raised in, Kazuya felt moved and excited at the same time. The two of them held hands naturally as they came out of the car and forgot that Lilica's parents were still there as they intertwined their fingers intimately and their bodies close to each other.

Lilica's father, who saw his daughter being so intimate with a guy, felt furious.

"Lily! Come here! How unsightly, holding hands with a guy so openly!" Mr. Stell shouted.

Surprised, Lilica obeyed her father's words subconsciously. She was always an obedient child until their fight. Indeed, old habits die hard. She quickly let go of Kazuya's hands and walked to her father guiltily, like a child who did something naughty.

Kazuya, whose hands were let go off so easily, felt a little upset. His wife was even insulted! But he can't really say anything back to his future in-laws, afraid that they wouldn't accept him.

After seeing that Lilica still obeyed him, Mr. Stell was satisfied and walked to the front door to enter his house.

All of them followed him. However, just as Kazuya was about to enter the house, Mr. Stell closed the door and locked it from inside.

Immediately Kazuya was left out, standing all alone at the front door. He was puzzled as he thought to himself, 'Did father hate me already? What did I do? Was it so wrong for me to hold hands with Lilica? Isn't normal to always want to touch your loved one?'