Chapter 131 - Chapter 135

Chapter 131: Dug Her Own Grave

After a few seconds, the needle turned black, indicating that there was poison evident in the drink.

"No! NO! It wasn't me! I didn't put poison in the drink!" Lacey quickly denied her involvement when she saw the needle turned black.

Lilica looked straight into the woman's eyes and said slowly with a smirk, "No one said anything about poisons?"

When she heard Lilica, she immediately knew she had dug a grave for herself. Lacey became even more panicked as she looked at Kazuya pleadingly. She hoped that Kazuya would at least forsake her for the sake of their 'friendship'.

Kazuya's face darkened when he saw the chemical reaction on the needle. This idiotic woman actually tried to kill his wife right in front of him? Kazuya was boiling with anger, wanting to kill the woman that was looking at him with pleading eyes.

"Poison? Lacey, where did you get such a thing? It should be forbidden in the demon realm..." Ken looked at Lacey with unbelievable eyes. He didn't want to think that his childhood friend was a murderer and drug trafficker.

"No... It wasn't me..." Lacey repeated as she looked despaired. Suddenly, an idea came into her mind. She continued, "I know! This b*tch wanted to corner me! She wants me to disappear!"

Lilica looked at Lacey with pitiful eyes and said, "You were the one who offered the drink to me. Even when I tried to refuse, you still insisted I take it. In the first place, why would I want to corner you? Sorry, but you've overestimated yourself. I don't even consider you an enemy in my eyes. You're just a stranger to me."

When Lacey heard Lilica, her hatred grew even more. Since the poison didn't work anymore, I should just kill her myself!

Lacey immediately charged forward as she took out a pocket knife in an attempt to stab Lilica. However, Kazuya was quicker than her and swiftly pulled Lilica out of the way. Lacey fell to the floor when she missed her target.

"Guards! Take this woman away to the dungeon!" Kazuya ordered as she held Lilica's hand tightly, as to assure her of her safety. He didn't dare look back at Lilica's expression since he knew that she must have a scared expression on her face right now. He didn't want to see such a heartbreaking expression on her face.

"No! I did nothing wrong! It's not my fault! It's this b*tch! She seduced my Kazuya!" Lacey shouted hastily as she was grabbed by the guards.

"Your Kazuya? Sorry. This man is mine! Don't mix your delusions with reality!" Lilica snorted. Although Lilica was scared inside, she had to keep a brave front since she didn't want to admit defeat to this delusional woman.

The guards were very efficient with their work. Lacey couldn't struggle free and was brought out of the ball room in no time.

When Lacey went out of sight, Lilica sighed a sigh of relief as she tugged at Kazuya gently. She knew Kazuya was fuming inside but for the sake of his mother who was the host of the party, he had tone down his anger.

Luckily, they were in the corner of the room so not many guests knew what was happening.

"I'm sorry, Kazuya, Lilica. It was my fault for giving her the invitation. If I hadn't given her the invitation, then she wouldn't have tried to stab you." Ken apologized to the two of them sincerely. He didn't know that a woman's jealousy could be so scary.

"It's not your fault. No one could've predicted this outcome." Lilica tried to console Ken who was feeling depressed.

"You don't need to console him. Anyways, were you hurt anywhere?" Kazuya said possessively.