Chapter 136 - Chapter 140

Chapter 136: A House for Newlyweds?

The next day

Zeke came to pick up Ventina from a hotel in the morning.

"I'll be driving us to my acquaintance's agency. Real estate agencies here work similarly to the ones in the human world so no need to worry so much." Zeke said when he saw the nervous look on Ventina's face.

Ventina was a little scared of meeting other demons since she was currently the only Jōrogumo in the demon realm.

"Is your acquaintance female?" Ventina teased. She knew that there was nothing to worry about if Zeke was there with her.

"Yep. How do you know?" Zeke asked back.

"Then I guess she's not just your acquaintance? Sharon told me that you're a playboy." Ventina chuckled.

"Damn that Sharon. Can't she keep my image? While it's true I'm a playboy, when I meet someone that I know is the one for me, I'll naturally be dedicated to that person." Zeke tried to make an excuse for himself.

"And have you found that someone?" Ventina teased him even though she knew the answer.

"Not yet. So that's why I'm still searching." Zeke replied playfully.

Ventina laughed at how he made an excuse for himself to play around.

"Stop laughing. We're here." Zeke said as he parked his car.

The two of them went in and was greeted politely by the employees.

"Hello. Are you looking for a house to live together? You've come at a great time! We have a newly built house available which is suitable for newlyweds!" A saleswoman approached the two of them enthusiastically.

However, before the two of them could answer, a sexy woman walked towards them and said, "Leave them to me. There's a customer who just requested for you."

"Oh! Okay!" The woman walked back into the staff room.

"Zeke? Whatever do you mean by bringing another woman here, at my agency?" The sexy woman asked, her voice filled with obvious jealousy.

"Oh! I'm just his friend. Don't mind me. He's just accompanying me to find a house." Ventina quickly explained before things could get out of hand.

"Oh. I see. I'm sorry that you had to see that. Ahem. What type of house are you looking for?" The woman smiled at her politely, a big contrast to the hostility in her eyes just now.

"Well, I want buy a place rather than rent it since I'll be staying there long-term. I want a cheap place that's close to my workplace, The General Hospital." Ventina answered back. She had chosen to transfer to The General Hospital since it was neither far nor near to Ven's place. Although her mind had told her to give up, it seems somewhere in her heart, she was still feeling a little hopeful.

"Between a house and an apartment, which do you prefer?" The woman asked politely as she took out some pamphlets.

"Hmm... Any is fine." Ventina answered as she gave it some thought.

"Okay, so we have several places that is available right now. We also have a service where we take you to see the place before you make your decision." The woman replied.

"I'd like to go see these five places." Ventina said after she looked at the papers given to her.

"Okay. Do you want to go now or on another day?" The woman asked politely.

"Let's go now then." Zeke replied this time after being ignored for a long time.

Ventina had no objections since she was free for the whole day anyways.