Chapter 181 - Chapter 185

Chapter 181: Lies and Hypnotism

"The enemy had been targeting us ever since before. The incident over ten years ago was also the same. I also don't know the whole story since the only ones who knew what exactly happened is Kazuya and the girl with him back then, but I think that both of them probably can't remember the details anymore." The queen said.

"At that time, Kazuya had escaped from the royal palace to go play in the town. Apparently, he was playing with a little girl and according to witness reports, a man had approached them and led them somewhere else. No one knew that this man was actually sent by the enemy to assassinate Kazuya."

As Kazuya and Lilica listened to the queen, Lilica's memory started coming back to her. However, Kazuya felt a slight headache. It was as if his brain was preventing him from remembering.

"The man led the both of them to an abandoned building. However, I don't know what exactly happened in there since there was no witnesses. Anyways, not long after, the girl was released but the man still kept Kazuya hostage. The girl had run to her parents to call for help. That was how the police was alerted and began their search for Kazuya.

When the police had arrived at the abandoned building, they found Kazuya on the floor with a pool of blood. He was stabbed but luckily, the man had missed his heart, so he was still alive, even though he was very weak. The scar is from this injury." The queen explained as she felt her heart break. She remembered clearly how weak and pale Kazuya looked when he was found. He was on the verge of dying back then. The sight of him being in a coma was so heart wrenching to her. If she could, she wanted to endure his pain instead.

"What happened to the man? Was he caught?" Lilica asked, feeling angry at the man.

"Unfortunately, no. Kazuya was found alone in the abandoned building. There was gasoline all over the floor and the police had said that they saw a man trying to light a fire but ran away at the sight of the police." The queen replied.

"When Kazuya had woken up, he had no memory of the incident, except that he had gotten a doll from the girl. Coincidentally, it seems like the girl's name was also Lily so I had Lilienne lie to him about being that girl so that he wouldn't have to think too much about the incident. Kazuki also played along and said that the three of them were out playing together. That day was also the day Kazuki and Lilienne first met each other so I adjusted the truth a little, making it seem like I introduced Lilienne to the twins at the same time. As he was so young back then, Kazuya was able to accept the story without any suspicions. As for the injury, I lied and hypnotized that you were playing too hard and injured yourself as a result." The queen continued.

"I'm sorry for lying and hypnotizing you, Kazuya. But I had to do it so I could protect you from remembering such a frightening incident. I didn't want you to suffer psychologically from such a young age." the queen apologized as a tear ran down her face. Just the thought of the incident made her feel hurt for Kazuya.

"It's fine, mother. I was able to live carefreely without feeling cautious all the times thanks to it." Kazuya said as he felt an immense headache and pain from his scar, even though it should no longer hurt.

Lilica noticed that Kazuya looked pale and in pain. "Kazuya! What happened? Do you feel a headache?" Lilica asked worriedly.

"Yeah..." Kazuya replied softy.

"I'll lift the spell then, since you already know the whole truth now. It should make your headache better, but you will feel an immense pain on the scar since I had suppressed it when you were young. Are you ready?" the queen asked.

Lilica quickly made Kazuya lie down comfortably and looked at him with worry. Will he be able to endure the amount of pain? Shen then held his hands, in hopes of giving him encouragement.