Chapter 36 - Chapter 40

Chapter 36: Let's Get Married

"... I have another suggestion." Ven said as he stood up and walked towards Lilica. He knelt down and rummaged his pockets and brought out a box.

Ven opened the box, revealing a simple but elegant diamond ring.

"Will you marry me?" Ven spoke, his voice slightly trembling. He was feeling very nervous. He knew she didn't love him and only regarded him as a friend. The reason he was her sex friend during high school was only because he was her 'partner' that the succubus school chose. If they didn't have sex, they wouldn't be able to graduate. Ven knew that all Lilica ever felt for him was just as a friend, nothing more, nothing less. He knew that this was just taking advantage of her during her weakest moment but he couldn't help it. He didn't want to continue to watch her so depressed.

"..." Lilica was surprised but also at the same time, she didn't feel excited or happy or anything. After all, he wasn't the person she had waited for. The man she loved would never propose to her. However, maybe it was better to move on. She knew Ven's feelings towards her since high school but she didn't do anything about it. But now she couldn't bear to make use of Ven's feelings for her own selfishness.

Seeing her silent response, Ven said, "You don't have to give me an answer immediately. It's fine to use me to forget him. I don't mind. I proposed to you knowing full well that your heart isn't with me after all. I don't mind that the child isn't mine. I'll treat it like my own child. You also don't have to love me. I want you to think long and hard about my proposal. I'll always wait for you no matter how long." Ven observed the woman's expression. She was no longer expressionless, he could tell that his persuasion had worked to a certain degree.

"Well, let's put this matter aside for now. I called your company yesterday so you can take today off. Let's go somewhere to freshen up your mood." Ven said as he stood up again and walked towards the bathroom to take a shower.

After Ven was gone, Lilica was still deep in thought. How could a person have such unconditional love towards another? Will he really not regret his decision? What should I do with my feelings towards Kazuya then? Would time really make me forget him? What if I can't forget him in this whole life time? Many questions ran through her head.

Chapter 37: Alone

Ven finished his shower and started the car. Lilica who was silent all along suddenly spoke.

"I'll go back to work after all. I can't just miss work like this." Lilica could remember Kazuya's schedule so she knew that he would be very busy today. Even at a time like this, she still cared about him.

"Are you sure?" Ven asked carefully.

"Yeah."

"Okay." Ven changed directions and drove towards Valen Corporation.

Lilica was silent the whole trip to her company. She stepped down from the car and waved goodbye before heading towards the entrance.

"Wait, Lily!" Ven called out abruptly.

Lilica turned around to face him.

"I won't be staying at your place tonight. I'll give you some space to think it through thoroughly." Ven said as he smiled and entered his car.

"Wait! Then where are you going to..." Lilica couln't finish her sentence in time as Ven had already drive off.

Coincidentally, Lilienne was also walking towards the company, holding a cup of coffee. She spotted Lilica and was going up to her for a talk. It was a while that they had met. She overheard Lilica's and Ven's conversation, piquing her interest.