Stereotypical Horror Movie Children

So, a few weeks ago my best friend and I were searching Putlocker and Netflix for some horror movies to watch, and we'd watch the trailers first to see if they're good, obviously. I noticed a pattern in most of these movies with children killers and decided it was something to add to this extremely tedious book.

sorry.

So. These kids. Obviously they're children, so they must look the part. You'd think, as they would be the least you'd suspect if you were in that sort of position as the leading character, that they'd be all sunshine and rainbows to throw you off the track, no chance. All the girls have long white dresses, lanky, unwashed black hair covering their face, a teddy clutched in one pale hand, a weapon of mass destruction (a knife - have you ever seen a child skilled with a gun?) and of course, the creepy giggle. People.

If you saw a kid matching his description while hunting through Tesco or maybe Walmart, you'd scream and run a mile, maybe, but you'd be trying to convince yourself this was some sick early Halloween joke, wouldn't you? You'd stay well away from that child, and the whole store would be staring at her warily too. However, if you saw a cute, typical young girl in patent shoes, a frilly skirt and a floral t-shirt you wouldn't bat an eye. seriously.variety, people.

And boys? Please. I can't think of any horror movies where there's a 10-year-old boy attempting murder on his own accord.