8 when he believed

I wish I had had the time to say goodbye.

Being in love felt amazing. Being in love with someone I couldn't have felt awful. That was how I felt. I had asked Sirius if he needed, or wanted, a hug, but he had rejected me. I got why. Kind of.

We had found some more equations for him to do, until our next meeting

It was lunch, Thursday. I had plans to be at James' house to do homework again. With Peter too of course. It still meant I would do mine, and they wouldn't. But either Mr or Mrs Potter always baked cookies. Who could say no to that?

"I don't know guys. How can he go from smiling to me, to not looking at me again?" I banged my head on the table and used my arms as a tent over my head. It had bugged me since yesterday. He was hard to figure out.

"Don't worry Rem. He probably just had a bad day or something." Peter sounded sure of himself.

"I know, I know, but..." I groaned. There was too many questions and not enough answers. "I'm just tired, that's all"

"Remus at least you know he is softening up. Lily still won't talk to me and I have known her for years. You have only known him for less than two weeks." Why did James always say the right thing?

I sighed. "I'm sorry to bother you with my guy-problems all the time. I know its probably not always fun to hear about."

"It's okay," Peter assured him. "I'm already used to James whining about Lily."

"Hey!"

Peter and I laughed.

"Though at least it goes somewhere with you and Lily." I smiled smugly at James. "You kissed last Friday, remember?"

James blushed slightly. "How could I forget?" he asked dreamily. I wondered how much time he had used thinking about it. On the other hand, if I got to kiss Sirius, I would probably think about it a lot too.

"Thinking about snogging a certain someone?" Peter laughed, I hadn't realized that they had continued talking, a slight blush revealed me.

"Pete," James said with a little smirk on his lips, even though he talked to Peter, James eyed me. "What do you say if they both get into a game of truth or dare, we will dare one of them to kiss the other." I blushed, and James laughed.

Also laughing, Peter agreed.

"Thank you."

.:lll:.

Sirius usually stayed in the shadows. At least I could never seem to find him, though he was apparently really good at finding me. After school, he came up behind me.

"Remus?"

I died. I actually died a little inside of happiness. Just the way he said my name sent a chill down my spine. I didn't even know that he knew my name, I didn't think I had ever told him.

I turned around and froze for a moment, he didn't look at me, though he looked super nervous. Like someone who was about to ask another person out. I quickly abandoned the idea. He would never. Unless...

And god he was so cute.

"Yeah?" I asked after a moment of silence. James and Peter waited for me further on but was still within earshot.

"Uhh." He tapped his foot on the floor. "Can we, er." He bit his lip. I held my breath. Maybe. "Can we do math today?"

I wasn't just mildly disappointed. I was extremely disappointed. Why would get my hopes up? Of course, he wouldn't ask me out. He didn't even want any friends.