44 when I met Carl

As hit by lightning, every time he looks at me.

"Do you have any news on his brother?"

"His name is Regulus Arcturus Black. I think their parents' names were Walburga and Orion Black, but nothing more, sorry."

When Sirius mentioned we would spend every day together once he got out, it reminded me of his brother, because I would like to find Regulus before that happened. I knew without a doubt that Regulus would make Sirius happy by just being there.

I tried to not look too disappointed. "It's alright James, we just have to keep looking."

"We just have to search for them. Peter, you'll search for Walburga Black, Remus you'll take Orion Black, and I'll go look for more stuff on Regulus. Maybe we can find a family tree or something to see if Sirius has a family member who knows something about Regulus."

"Have you found out anything about someone who might be related?" Peter took out his computer.

James shook his head. "Not yet."

I frowned. "Isn't it weird that we can't find anything about them?"

Peter shrugged his shoulders, but James answered. "A bit, but perhaps they don't want to be found. They don't exactly sound like the nicest people judging by what you told us they did to Sirius."

"They sound like the most horrible people on earth," Peter agreed.

I nodded. They hit him, slapped him, starved him, everything you can think of.

"I can't imagine what it must have been like for him," I felt nauseous simply by the thought.

"It can't all have been bad," James said suddenly. "Regulus was good for him, so surely there should be someone else too. Remus, can you ask him? Just casually ask him if he liked other family members or something."

I nodded again. "I'll try."

...

When I entered Sirius' room he wasn't alone. He sat crossed legged on his bed with some cards in his hands, both he and the other guy turned around when they saw me. Sirius smiled; he left the bed to greet me with a hug but didn't kiss me.

"Carl, this is my friend Remus. Remus this is my friend Carl."

I offered my hand to Carl who immediately gave it but swung his hand around mine before shaking it. He had dark brown spiky hair, a long nose and big hands. Almost bigger than mine. He looked about twenty. His arms looked like spaghetti, but by the way he smiled, he seemed pretty nice.

"It's nice to meet you, Carl, Sirius has told me lots about you."

"He has told me a lot about you too, honestly he doesn't speak of anything else," Carl rolled his eyes and I laughed. Sirius and I were very similar on that area apparently. Some of the jealousy left my body when I took a deep breath.

Sirius blushed. "I do speak of other things than Moony," he crossed his arms.

My gaze locked with Carl's. "He doesn't," he mouthed, and I laughed again.

Sirius playfully slapped my arm. "I didn't introduce you two just so you could gang up on me. It's not fair," he pouted, and I wanted to kiss him but didn't know if Carl knew about us or not.

"It's alright," I poked his stomach, "you're also all I ever talk about. Just ask James and Peter."

Sirius grinned and both of our faces turned red.

"I think I'm gonna leave you two lovebirds alone," Carl announced and got up from the bed. "I'll see you later Sirius, it was nice finally meeting you, Remus. When both he and I get out, we should all try and hang out."