37 when I was away

He's the cutest.

I can't believe I'm not gonna see Sirius today. Something inside of me craved to act like I was sick so I could still visit him, but it would be better if I didn't. He didn't expect to see me today, and if I did come, I just had to stay away another day.

At least I get to call him at five.

Dorcas and I were walking towards her place, it was snowing and freezing. Though all I could think about was Sirius. Had he ever played in snow before? He should have done it with Salvatore - they had a year together - but was that the only time? Did he play in the snow with Dennis?

Suddenly I didn't feel so cold anymore, the thought of Sirius and Dennis playing in the snow made me jealous. I bet they had snowball fights that ended with the one tackling the other and them kissing in the cold snow...

Stop!

I'm with Sirius now, Dennis had his chance and he missed it. Dennis is not a good person, and there is a reason they are no longer together. Sirius wants to be with me, not him. I can totally have snowball fights with Sirius and snog him in the snow.

We finally reached Dorcas' house and went towards her room to start the project, we both just wanted to finish it as quickly as possible. I bet she would rather hang out with a certain miss Marlene McKinnon the same way I would rather hang out with a certain Mr Sirius Black.

There wasn't much conversation because neither of us knew what to say. Not before we both opened our computers.

"We better start" Dorcas broke the ice.

"Yeah."

...

I couldn't keep my eyes away from the clock on my computer. The project was luckily going smoothly which meant we would be finished soon. It hurt when the clock showed four, I would usually be with Sirius by now. If there had been a clock in his room, I'm sure he would be really sad right now.

The hour from four to five went by way too slowly. It was hard to concentrate on the project, but I did manage just a tiny little bit.

Finally it was one minute before five.

"Shouldn't we take a break?" I offered. It wasn't only me who seemed distracted.

"Yeah" she tried to sound bored, but I could hear the eagerness in her voice.

We both quickly found our phones and called two different people who meant much to us. I bit my lip as I waited for Angeline to pick it up.

"Hi, Remus" she finally greeted.

"Hi-"

"Can you hold on a moment? I'm in his room in a few seconds."

Angeline didn't wait for me to answer, but I could hear her quick steps, so she probably hurried towards his room. I heard a door open and a few seconds later Sirius spoke into the phone.

"Hi." He sounded happy. Is it a bad thing that I feel weird about this? Am I a bad person for wanting him to feel sad because I'm not there?

"Hi" I couldn't hold back a smile. "How are you doing?"

"Good, but I miss you" he is probably blushing and biting his lip.

"I miss you too, but I will come to visit you tomorrow." I send a glance to Dorcas who blushed and smiled at her phone. "What are you doing right now?"

"Talking to you" he replied sheepishly.

I rolled my eyes. "What did you do before talking to me?"