34| First Date

Jessica

I haven't been on a date in years. I was defiantly one of those girls who seemed unapproachable because she was so sure of herself. Most guys didn't want to date me because I wasn't going to change just to appease them, if I thought there was a problem I was going to say something about it. Most guys don't like girls who know how to talk and how to listen, but I didn't know how else to be. Boys were always attracted to me but could never handle the fact that I am my own woman, whether I was in a relationship with someone or not.

But I didn't have to find a guy who would like me for me, he found me. He loves my quirks and my hard headedness and always listens to what I say. And I would be ridiculously stupid to ever let him go, so I'm holding on until I can no longer feel my fingers. While a date after knowing each other for six months and being together for almost a whole month seems a bit redundant, he was really excited about it and it made me excited too. He worked hard to plan a good date for us and I know he wouldn't ever disappoint me and I'll try my best not to disappoint him.

So I pull on a cute red dress and silver heels before curling my hair. I apply light makeup before calling it a night. Corey still has a month left on rent for his apartment so he still had some of his stuff there but he moved a lot of it here with me. Since he wasn't in season it wasn't as much as usual, just his summer clothes, but I had plenty of room in my place for all his things.

I hear a knock on the bathroom door and even though I knew it was Corey, he still used the knock he always used to get my attention.

"Come in" I say and the door opens. I finish putting in some earrings before turning around. I turn around and see Corey leaning against the door frame with his arms crossed over his chest. He had the biggest smile on his face while he shamelessly checks me out as he nods his head up and down.

"I was right" he claims.

"Right about what" I wonder.

"I'm the luckiest guy in the world" he claims and I start to blush. I shake my head as his smile turns into a smirk knowing what he was doing and that it was working.

"So what are we doing tonight" I ask trying to get my mind off what just happened and how much it effected me.

"We're going to dinner and a show" he says and I smile.

"That sounds wonderful" I admit.

"Alright, then let's go" he says as he puts his arm out. We head off to his car and he drives around a little. I start to recognize something familiar as we und up on a street we've been on many times before.

"Are we going to the United Center" I ask and he grunts.

"How in the world did you figure that out already" he whines.

"I'm a observer. I always take mental notes in case I'll never need the information later" I explain.

"Well next time I try to surprise you, turn your brain off" he teases.

"Trust me, it's not possible" I assure him.

"Good, because I love your brain" he claims.

We arrive at the United Center and we go inside like he says. There wasn't a lot of lights on so I wasn't quite sure what was going on.

"I thought you said we were going to a dinner and a show" I say.

"I did. Dinner is already ready for us up in the boxes and the show will be here momentarily" he claims and I raise my eyebrow at him. I wasn't sure what he had planned but I'm sure it was great. 

We get into the boxes and there was a romantic dinner for two set up. There was roses in the center of the table with a white table cloth draping form the sides. Two plates of delicious looking food sat there and I could see the steam coming off of it.

"Wow, this is impressive" I admit.

"Good, because it took me two weeks to plan this all" he claims.

"You didn't have to do all for his for me. We could have just stayed home and I would have been happy" I insist.

"I know, but you deserve this and so much more that I'm not capable of giving you. But I am gonna try" he promises.

"You don't have to try to impress me, I already love you" I remind him.

"That is true. But I'm never ever going to stop trying to making you happy. Relationships fail because people stop trying because they get tired or bored and having our first date now is seven months over due but I'm going to show you that in seven years I'm still going to be making plans to make our nights special. I'm going to plan everything down to the very last detail to make sure it's perfect for you. And I won't stop until I think it is" he claims. I smile big as I slip my hand in his before giving it a squeeze.

"Thank you for never giving up on me" I say.

"You're what I wanted in my mind and in my heart, always" he promises.

"Good" I smile.

We sit down for dinner and I have to admit, wherever he got this food it was pretty great. I'm not sure if he got the food from around here or not but if this is the food he eats all the time before games then I wouldn't have learned how to cook either.

Halfway through the meal the Jumbotron pops up and I laugh.

"Is this the show" I ask.

"It is" he assures me.

The beginning of Grease starts and I couldn't keep the smile off my face.

"How did you know this was my favorite movie" I question.

"You're not the only one who observes around here. You love older movies and music and this is the best of both worlds so I figured you liked this movie. I listen to you" he claims.

"There's only one thing that could make this better" I admit.

"If it was the sing along version" he asks and I smile.

"You knew" I accuse. He pulls out a microphone and I smile big when he hands it to me

"Don't underestimate me" he teases.

"Of course not" I assure him.

We watch the movie and sing along to all the songs we knew. He knew all the songs too and even sang some of John Travoltas parts when I was singing Olivia Newton Johns. I had a amazing time and couldn't help but find myself being thankful for having someone so special be a part of my life. I've never been on a date like this and it means the world that he's trying this hard even though we were past the point of puppy love.

After losing my voice the night comes to a end much to my dismay. I reluctantly go up to my apartment where Corey trails me in. As soon as we get in the apartment he shuts the door behind us and presses his lips to mine. I was a little shocked at first but it didn't take much for me to kiss him back.

"I've been waiting all night to get you out of this dress" he claims as he starts to pull at it.

"What are you waiting for" I ask.

"Something to tell me that you wanted the same thing" he says.

"I want you" I assure him and he smirks. I feel his hand reach for the zipper to my dress before quickly pulling it down. My dress falls to the floor and he smiles big as he looks me over.

"Wow, you are so beautiful" he claims as his fingers trace my curves. I feel his nails dig into my butt as he pulls my body against his.

"Why don't you just show me how beautiful I am" I counter. He bites his bottom lip so he doesn't say anything too awful as he starts to move his hands around.

"It would be my pleasure."