24| Somebody to Love

Corey

After an away trip that lasted a little over a week we return home just in time for Valentine's Day. And I usually have strong, not so very good feelings about the holiday, but for the first time in my life I'm pretty excited about it. Although I'm not with Jessica I do love her, and the holiday is to celebrate the love we share not verbally but emotionally. Even though our love isn't spoken it's felt and I think that better than anything you could ever say.

So I get her a pretty great gift and decide to pay her a surprise visit. I've seen her a few times since I've returned but I haven't been over to her place yet. And I was pretty excited about the gift I got her and I couldn't wait to give it to her, I just know she'll love it.

I walk up to her door and used the knock I always do when I show up at her door. She answers it pretty quickly and I see she had a bag in her hand too and she looked like she was on her way out.

"I was just on my way to come see you" she claims and I laugh. Of course she was.

"Great minds think alike I guess" I smile.

"Well come on in. You saved me the troubles of having to leave so I should be thanking you" she teases.

"I was going to tell you I was on my way but by the time I decided to do that I was already here" I explain.

"Well that's okay, because I have a gift I needed to give you" she says as she hands me the bag.

"I love gifts" I admit.

I take the bag from her and open it up. Inside was a new journal that had the Blackhawks symbol on the front and my name on it. It looked like it was handmade leather and was really really expensive. I know, I've looked at the leather bound books and thought about getting one but even the plain one was a lot of money. I couldn't imagine the time and energy that went into finding someone to make this look so good.

"It's a new journal that's specifically for you" she explains. "It gives you places to write and day dream. Some of the papers are blank but some of them have stuff that can help you figure your words out you if you ever don't know what to say. It asks questions that help guide you in whatever endeavors you may come up on and some words of wisdom if you ever need them."

"Did you make this" I ask.

"I did. I was going to give it to you on your birthday but I didn't get finished in time so I got you the mask. But I finally got all the stuff inside done and the outside finished and now you have it" she explains.

"I love this so much. It's perfect, thank you" I say as I open my arms. She walks into my embrace and I smile big. I rub her back as she holds me tight.

"Alright, your turn" I insist. I turn around and grab her giant box that was sitting on the couch and she laughs.

"Is there a dog in there" she asks.

"No, I wish" I admit. I would love to have a dog.

"Then what is it" she wonders.

"It's for me to know and for you to find out" I smirk.

She slowly undoes the ties and takes the lid off the box. She lets out a loud gasp as she pulls out a really nice modern record player that still have the old fashion feel to it. It was in a glass case with all the old fashion dials and finger. She smiles as big as she's ever smiled and it made my heart warm.

"Oh my god, Corey, where did you find this" she asks.

"It wasn't easy, but my buddy in town owns a music shop and he hooked me up. There's also some records in there" I tell her. She sets the record player down and she looks into the box to see what I got. She pulls out about ten records all from either Queen or from Freddie Mercury himself.

"Corey" she whispers. "I don't even know what to say. This is amazing" she insists.

"I kinda figure you would like this. I know you love old fashion stuff and Queen so I figure this would be fun to have" I shrug.

"It's amazing" she insists.

"Why don't you break it in" I wonder and she happily nods. She goes through the records before picking one out and putting it the record player. She plugs it in and puts the needle down before some music starts to play. I thought it sounded good and I have to admit that the record player was pretty cool. She was practically glowing as she watched the record spin.

"I don't even know what to say" she admits as she turns to me.

"Then why don't we dance" I ask as I hold out my hand. She smiles as she slips her hand in mine. I pull her into me before I rest my hands on her waist. Her body fits with mine as she places her hands on my chest. Neither of us restraining ourselves as we hold each other that was much closer than friends ever would be. She stares up at me as her smile never fades.

"Can anybody find me somebody to love

Ooh, each morning I get up I die a little
Can barely stand on my feet
(Take a look at yourself) Take a look in the mirror and cry (and cry)
Lord, what you're doing to me (yeah yeah)
I have spent all my years in believing you
But I just can't get no relief, Lord!

Somebody (somebody) ooh somebody (somebody)
Can anybody find me somebody to love?

I work hard (he works hard) every day of my life
I work 'til I ache in my bones
At the end (at the end of the day)
I take home my hard earned pay all on my own
I get down (down) on my knees (knees)
And I start to pray
'Til the tears run down from my eyes
Lord, somebody (somebody), ooh somebody
(Please) can anybody find me somebody to love?"

Slowly she moves her hand from my chest to the back of my neck. She softly caresses my cheek with her thumb as she stares into my soul. It almost looked like she was going to cry as we continue to dance. We slowly sway back and fourth as the record spins letting us enjoy the music.

"Everyday (everyday) I try and I try and I try
But everybody wants to put me down
They say I'm going crazy
They say I got a lot of water in my brain
Ah, got no common sense
I got nobody left to believe in
Yeah yeah yeah yeah
Oh, Lord

Ooh somebody, ooh somebody
Can anybody find me somebody to love?
(Can anybody find me someone to love)
Got no feel, I got no rhythm
I just keep losing my beat (you just keep losing and losing)
I'm OK, I'm alright (he's alright, he's alright)
I ain't gonna face no defeat (yeah yeah)
I just gotta get out of this prison cell
One day (someday) I'm gonna be free, Lord!"

I quickly realize that these lyrics meant something to her and they meant something to me too. Jess always says that Queens music was special because of what they talked about and that I was special because of what I wanted to talk about. And her love for me was a lot like her love for their music. She might not always understand it, but sometimes she understands it too well.

"Find me, find me, find me somebody to love (find me somebody to love)
Anybody, anywhere, anybody find me somebody to love love love!
Somebody find me, find me love"

The record stops and so do we. She never breaks eye contact as the moment stops us in time. I smile at her as I realize I finally found me somebody to love.