Chapter 1 - Day 1

"Code Blue in the ICU"

Minju rolled her eyes because she knew she's going to be busy today. She just got inside the Pulmonary Unit and didn't even get the chance to 'time in' at the old biometric device near the entrance yet, when she answered the ringing phone since there's no one else to take the call. Who knows, it might be coming from the emergency room.

It's the ICU.

She slammed the phone, and her things on the stockroom before running towards the ICU. Hendery, her partner for today is going to be busy training the newly hired Respiratory Therapist.

All the staff that he trained turned out to be well mannered and well disciplined. It's the reason that supervisor entrusted him with that particular task.

But in Minju's position, they only follow his instructions because he's extremely handsome.

Minju entered the passcode in the ICU and opened the door, the first thing she saw were the relatives of the patient and the Doctor explaining the condition of the patient. It's still early but, you really can't predict what happened to a person's life.

Outside, everything is normal and everything is functional. No worries, no disturbance, no trouble.

People get on a train thinking about their work or studies. They complain about having to wake up early and study, serve at a restaurant, serve people in the office, face paper works, encode, cook, build, drive, or walk.

While this patient in Minju is dying. No more walking, no more waking up early, no more complaints of having to work.

She's dying.

She rushed towards the isolation where everybody seems to be busy.

"I knew you're on duty. If there's a code blue, there's Minju." This nurse who's currently doing chest compressions on the patient greeted her with rather an insulting note than a real greeting.

"What are you talking about Xiaojun, you're the only toxic person in the hospital. Yesterday when you weren't around, the patients seem to be fine." Minju argued, grabbing the Valve mask to ventilate the patient.

Xiaojun shook his head and continued his compressions then stopped to palpate the patient's pulse. "Still no pulse." He declared. "It's Minju's fault." He teased before continuing his chest compressions. He's now sweating even though it was cold. He doesn't want the women to do the chest compressions. He'd rather break an arm than let the ladies do the hard work.

"Oh for God's sake, tell me you're out going? If today's a book, this will be the prologue of the whole story." Minju complained. Xiaojun smiled with his perfectly handsome smile. Minju just wanted to take his mask off to see his perfect teeth. This evil bastard.

"Write that book, I'd love to buy it." He said before winking. Now Minju wanted to take his nerdy glasses off to see his eyes perfectly and see his thick eyelashes that she was always jealous of.

"Substitute?" Here comes another handsome man to do the chest compressions. It was Hendery. He took the new staff in the ICU and noticed Xiaojun's face turning into a tomato, he must be tired from doing chest compressions all by himself.

Xiaojun stepped away and took off his glasses wiping it with his undershirt. His sweat apparently fell on his glasses while he was doing CPR.

"Hyewon, kindly take over Minju." Hendery commanded the new girl. She immediately did what she's told and took over Minju.

Minju stepped away and stared at Hyewon from head to toe. She's undeniably pretty, judging from her big round eyes and her long straight hair. She can't even see her full face for now but she can already tell that this girl is pretty.