Chapter 30 - Heaven

When Xiaojun fell asleep, Rui sat up and snapped his fingers to make sure that Xiaojun really is asleep. He went out calling his mother, just in case she would pick up. He didn't want to be left here alone. He was afraid that Minju's mother might show up again.

He's also kinda embarrassed that Xiaojun was left to pay for his father's hospital bill and he's the only relative available. The doctor keeps talking to Xiaojun since he's a nurse.

Her mother's phone keep on ringing but she's not answering. Is she asleep while he's father is currently in the ICU? How can she sleep at a lime like this?

Rui recalled what Minju has said earlier and felt more hurt than ever. All this time he felt like he was important to Minju, it was all a lie. He couldn't help but feel more and more depressed.

Click!

His mother finally answered his call. "Rui! I need you to get out of there. I finally got his password. It's your birthday. We can just go back to China, I don't  want to be here anymore." She told him.

"What about father? You can't take his money. Xiaojun already paid for the bill. You need to give him back his money." Rui scolded his mother. He feels like he's being crushed in between the fact that he's father's at the hospital and her mother is trying to get money from his father.

Sometimes he just wanted to die to make everybody's life easy. It'll be easy for Minju to not have a half brother to take care of. It'll be easy for his mother to escape his father and find a younger man. A man her age, and not an old man who has adult kids from his first wife.

How can he choose between his mother and his father?

He can just leave the poor man lying on a hospital bed, attached with machines and pierced by many needles.

If he stays here, he will surely lose his mother and will never see her again. Not to mention the hospital bill that they needed to pay. His father's money that's in her mother's possession.

He stood up and stared at exhausted Xiaojun who kept walking back and fourth the ICU and cashier. This poor guy. He's not even a real relative.

"Would it be easier if I disappeared?" He asked himself.

With that thought, he ran towards the stairs and kept on climbing it until he's at the rooftop. The door was locked. It was for the protection of everybody. This is a private hospital. Payments are expensive. Some relatives try to kill themselves when they can no longer provide money.

The doors towards the rooftop are locked for that reason.

It wasn't a problem for Rui because he knows how to break locks and puck them. In this case, he only needed force for the padlock. It wasn't the most secured padlock. He's seen these many times before.

When Minju saw him shoplifting, that was only the least of his capabilities. He can also hack into a security system and he this. He can break and pick locks.

He pulled the padlock and hurt his fingers, but he managed to open the lock.

He kicked the door open and didn't know that he triggered an alarm system that only the security would be notified.

He want to the ledge of the building and started to imagine everybody's life without him.

A cursed child.

An unwanted child.

The mistress' child.

Child of a sin.

Made out of sin.

He fixed his stare, 12 floors down from where he is. It was a parking lot just near the sidewalk. People would see his body if he jumps.