Chapter 19 - Can't say I Love You💚

Xiaojun was at Minju's place helping her finalize her luggage. He was trying to get rid of her swimsuits, when Minju was trying to cook for the two of them.

"Tell me about Yena again." Xiaojun asked to distract her, so she won't hear the noises of her Chips Ahoy on top of her clothes.

Minju smiled, "Yena's the only friend I have left when I came back from China. I took a break from school because of a serious family problem." She said but won't specify. "We share the same dormitory for two years, then I left for China.

Xiaojun nodded in amusement. He's getting to know of her more now. "So, is that why you prefer Chinese men?" He asked making Minju nod involuntarily, then shook her head when she realized what he's trying to say.

She looked around to justify herself but, she discovered what Xiaojun was trying to do. She saw him beside her dresser putting back all her swimsuits.

Instead of a yell, Minju just laughed at him surprisingly. "And what do you expect me to wear?" She asked watching him scratch his head.

"A shirt and shorts." He responded shyly.

"Don't you know me at all?" She asked making her way to him. She wrapped her arms around him burying her face at the crook of his neck. "I don't flirt, you know that." She whispered.

"I know you don't, I just don't trust other men." He said, as he wrapped his hands around her. "Fuck! I wich I could go too so, I can make sure you're fine. Even if you say you'll be careful, men are men. It's a resort on a beach. There's parties and alcohol. It's a freaking vacation. And men at fucked up creatures." He cursed under his breath.

Minju started laughing. She pulled away from the hug to see his face if he's really serious on what he's saying.

"I'm not kidding." Xiaojun said when he noticed that Minju's laughing at him. She doesn't take him seriously but, at least now she's not cold towards him anymore.

What he fear the most now is going back to the beginning. When he was starting to get Minju's attention, it was a lot of work. Everyday is like the first day meeting her. He tried to talk to her each and everyday, but the next day it's like she doesn't know him again.

That is why he tried to be more annoying than he already is so he'd be unforgettable.

Now, this two weeks of her vacation. He's afraid that she will go back to being cold.

"I love you Minju." He said out of the blue. Minju bit her lips trying hard not to love. She finally heard what she wanted to hear from him, but why doesn't she believe it. She couldn't make herself believe it.

She keeps on giggling that Xiaojun had it with her.

"Say it too." He demanded, pulling her hips close to him.

"No way!" She said pushing away from him as if it was some kind of joke to her.

"Just say it." Xiaojun asked her again, but Minju finally got away from him. She went to her kitchen preparing the table still laughing at Xiaojun.

He followed her, staring at how funny she thought it was. He felt his chest tighten for a reason. He just wanted to be taken seriously by her.

"Aren't you going to say it Minju?" He asked launching himself to back hug her. "You should try to say it at least once" he whispered to her.

"Not now. Not too soon, not too often." She said without emotion. "Because when you do things often, you start to find an alternative for a change." He added.

"I never changed. I started liking you long time ago and it never changed. Way before we were introduced officially I already liked you. That's how I knew that you might be the one." He whispered.