Chapter 6 - Smoking Area

After dancing for so long, the two went to the deck with their glasses of champagne like Xiaojun planned.

Everything sparkled; from the city light and the stars, reflecting on the water or Han River.

"By the way, are you attending Mr And Miss Valentine tomorrow night?" Xiaojun asked.

Mr and Miss Valentine is like Senior prom where you can bring dates and just dance all night. Except, there won't be prom King and Queen. Instead, there will be Mr and Miss Valentine of course.

Kriesia and Jungwoo would attend of course, not because they're sociable but because Jungwoo's friends are. Jungwoo has no choice there, and of curse, Kriesia has to attend. No girlfriend on the right mind would allow their boyfriend attend such a romantic event alone. These are the types of events where people potentially meet someone they can date. She wouldn't just allow any girl to have a chance to be close with her boyfriend of course.

Minju never attends on these things even if Hendery's involved. Being with an open space ang a huge crowd has always irritated her. Despite the huge space, she always felt suffocated.

"Nope." She answered while shaking her head, like nothing's going to change her mind.

Xiaojun was silent. He just stared at her, thinking of ways to convince her to attend the event and be her date.

"I never see you on hospital celebrations, may I know all the reasons why?" He asked when he realized that he can never read her mind.

But what's the answer to that? Even Minju didn't know why she hates being with crowd anyway.

Minju couldn't answer. She knew deep inside her that she's not a social person, but how can she explain this to other people? "I hate people." She simply spoke the easiest way she can possibly explain herself. Making it simple and shrugging.

That was the most easy way to do it. At least for her. Xiaojun chuckled, looking away from her. Somehow the view seem to make much sense now. It was brighter because Minju's beside him.

All this time he's been wondering what kinds of person Minju was, it turns out they're both alike. Both antisocial and introvert.

"I hate people too." He honestly told her. Before Minju could tel him that he's only copying her, Xiaojun showed her his lighter. "There's a smoking area at the Casino." He invited her.

Now that's what Minju is about. She treats people with lung disease but can't even take care of her own lungs. Minju smiles, grabbing Xiaojun's lighter, checking if it has been used or he's only pretending that he smokes and bought a brand new lighter. But it was used. It was very much used.

"You're my soulmate." She said only out of excitement but without much thought to it. She grabbed Xiaojun's hand dragging her to the Casino.

Only a few people were there and only limited people are at the smoking area. Just the thought of it made Minju happy. She can finally get away from all those people with their fucking perfect little lives and just be herself and think about nothing.

"Minju." This tall guy greeted her. He looks kinda attractive that Xiaojun felt kinda threatened.

"Daniel." Minju greeted, hugging Daniel.

"Daniel, this is Xiaojun. Xiaojun, this is Kang Daniel. I used to just accompany him smoke to get away from the classroom. Then he graduated, I needed another excuse to get away from the classroom. I had to smoke." She said upon lighting her cigarette.

Xiaojun shook Daniel's hand and did the same.

So this is the person who made Minju feel like smoking is a sense of comfort. If only he went to the same school as Minju, she would never teach her smoke. He would never let anyone teach her how to smoke.